I don't understand. I've been trying to figure it out and I can't. How could something that was perfectly fine not long ago be so radically different now? I'm confused and fascinated and I'm not sure how exactly I should handle what's going on with Renee Zellweger. Good thing I have the Islanders.
- Recaps: LHH | New$day | NY Post | NY Daily News | Islanders | NHL.com
- Dom grades the Islanders' Battle Level (spoiler: Passengers ahoy)
- Eric Hornick's Skinny sifts through the rubble.
- If you haven't seen Thomas Hickey's face injury from last night, I recommend you wait until after breakfast before you do. [SB Nation]
- Johnny Boychuk is making a home on Long Island. [New$day]
- Pain means nothing to Travis Hamonic. [NY Post]
- This got some play yesterday: Leafs forward Nazim Kadri compares himself to his old rival John Tavares. Before we bury Kadri, who's a nice enough player, let's appreciate his self-confidence. But he's got a lot of work ahead of him. [Toronto Star | Sportsnet]
- The Star also talks with ex-Leaf Nikolay Kulemin before the game and explains (kind of) why the Leafs spelled his name wrong for, like, ten years.
- Tavares leads Islanders resurgence, prior to last night's regression. Let's hope they can resume the resurgence rapidly. [Toronto Sun]
- Islanders try for memorable final season at Coliseum. Games like last night's don't help. [Yahoo]
- IslesBlog podcast hosts Post beatwriter Brett Crygalis.
- After much consternation and proverbial shitting, Joshua Ho-Sang has secured an invite to Team Canada's World Junior tryout camp [The Hockey News | Yahoo.ca]
- Anders Lee is putting his Bridgeport time to good use. [Hockey Buzz]
- The long and short of Sound Tiger C.J. Stretch. [Soundin' Off]
- Reminder: The Islanders press conference for Jon Ledecky and Scott Malkin is today at 3 pm.
- Nathan Horton's injuries might cost him his career, which would be sad for both him and the Blue Jackets. [NHL.com]
- Dean Lombardi speaks about Slava Voynov's arrest and suspension [Puck Daddy]. | And survey says the NHL did the right thing in suspending him indefinitely. [ESPN]
- How junior teams scout players from Victor Carneiro, an executive with the very progressive Sault St. Marie Greyhounds. [Hockey in Society]
- A very in-depth examination and defense of PDO. [Puckology]
- The Bruins should offset the loss of Johnny Boychuk and help the Oilers by trading them a bunch of spare parts and salary cap sponges for Jordan Eberle. Sure. [CSNNE]
- Jeremy Roenick might be a goofy TV loudmouth now, but he was a great player in his day and, unfortunately, had a number of concussions that are still affecting his life today. [Business Insider]
- This Christmas, treat yourself or a loved one to an adult-sized NHL onesie (with hood). Sorry, no Islanders models are available yet. [The Score]