First Islanders Goal picks for tonight's game against the TRANNA MAPE LEAFS can be filed here. Get them in before gametime (7:00 pm)
- Travis Hamonic left yesterday's practice in some apparent pain but he wasn't giving any details. NO ONE FREAK OUT. Lubomir Visnovsky might be on his way back. [NY Post]
- Bruce Ratner is selling his part of the Barclays Center, presumably to buy a house in Nassau County closer to the new Coliseum he's trying to build. [Nets Daily]
- And the Islanders new owners will finally have their press conference this Wednesday afternoon. [Islanders Twitter]
- Leafs-Islanders games mean the mother hens from Toronto get to peck around the Islanders looking for kernels of corn. The Toronto Star talks to John Tavares about what it was like to be Connor McDavid before Connor McDavid. | And the Sun gets more out of new Islander Nikolay Kulemin than they did when he was a Leaf.
- Audio: Islanders Insight and Leafs video maestro Steve Dangle preview tonight's game.
- Who's good at drawing penalties? Turns out a bunch of Leafs and Islanders. [Sportsnet]
- The current Islanders players, many of whom came of age during the late 1980's and 90's, did not grow up as Islanders fans. (Except Frans, of course.) A blockbuster New$day expose.
- They may not have gotten a win, but there are lessons the Islanders can take from Saturday night in Pittsburgh. [Isles Talk]
- Isles raise the bar, create excitement. [Mirtle at Globe & Mail]
- Barry Melrose likes the Islanders. His head is also caked in hair product so reader beware. [NHL.com]
- A recap of the Sound Tigers' weekend. [BST]
- Sound Tigers beat writer Michael Fornabaio brings some notes from the Islanders ECHL affiliate, the Stockton Thunder.
- And an overall prospect check-in from the Islanders official site.
- The Islanders are hosting a kids' Try Hockey for Free Day on November 22nd.
- PODCAST: Islanders folk hero and surprise hat trick scorer Mick Vukota stops by the Point Blank podcast.
- Well, well, well. Would you look at that:
Hey gang, wanna watch John Tavares play on nat'l TV? Well, good news, everyone! NBCSN has flexed Isles-Sharks on Nov. 1 at 10:30 p.m. ET.— Steve Lepore (@stevelepore) October 21, 2014
As you may suspect, this is the earliest NBCSN has ever flexed a game by a wide, wide, wide, wiiiiiiiiide margin.— Steve Lepore (@stevelepore) October 21, 2014
Beyond the Fishbowl
- Last night's NHL score.
- Kings defenseman Slava Voynov has been suspended indefinitely by the NHL after being arrested on domestic violence charges. Jewels from the Crown analyzes and discusses the shocking news | Sportsnet says the league learned from the NFL's mistakes in this area. | An important and serious message from Battle of California about domestic violence.
- The Flames re-signed defenseman T.J. Brodie to a new five-year contract. [Matchsticks and Gasoline]
- Bob McKenzie looks at Lightning super rookie Jonathan Droiun. [TSN.ca]
- Friend of the blog Neil Greenburg has a new fancystats-based power ranking at the Washington Post and the Islanders are close to the top.
- Part II of Copper and Blue's autopsy of the Oilers' cap situation.
- No, seriously, what does the Panthers' lousy attendance mean for the franchise's future in Florida? [Miami Herald]
- The conglomerated junior hockey juggernaut Canadian Hockey League has been sued over player compensation (or lack thereof). [Globe n' Mail]
- Ben Scrivens dedicates his mask art to mental health awareness. [SB Nation]
- The Sabres will formally retire Dominik Hasek's No. 39 jersey on January 13th against Detroit. [Die by the Blade]
Jack Capuano talks after yesterday's practice and carries a big stick.