No, the Islanders are no longer undefeated. Yes, the season continues.
- Recaps: LHH | New$day | Islanders | Pensburgh
- Eric Hornick's Skinny on the combo breaker.
- Mikhail Grabovski does have a concussion, per Arthur Staple of New$day, following a big hit from San Jose's John Scott on Thursday. He will be re-evaluated this week and is out indefinitely. [LHH thread]
- Ryan Strome made some adjustments after an "average" game against the Rangers and has improved his performances. [New$day]
- Video: Sports Illustrated's Brett Hedican says the Islanders are a playoff team. He also describes them as "big" so take it with a grain of salt.
- Brett Cyrgalis debuts a new hockey column in the New York Post and clues non-blog readers into the daily tribulations of "As the Leafs Turn."
- Cyrgalis also talks to sad Islanders fans about the last season at the Coliseum. [NY Post]
- News of the Islanders has reached Northern New Jersey, also known as "the real Rangerstown." [NorthJersey.com]
- Dee Karl transcribes assistant coach Greg Cronin's interview on XM radio in which he calls the Islanders "humble." [Hockey Buzz]
- The Sound Tigers lost a heartbreaker, 3-2 to Albany on Saturday on a shorthanded goal with 44 seconds left in the game.
Other Team Stuff
- Last night's NHL scores. The Sabres are just getting started being terrible and Jonathan Toews wins it for Chicago with some serious flair.
- Dallas defenseman Patrik Nemeth had his arm cut by Scottie Upshall's skate in a game against the Flyers. [SB Nation]
- Cam Talbot's Ghostbusters themed mask was signed by Peter Venkman himself. Talbot said Venkman, "didn't act like a scientist. He's more like a game show host." [SI.com]
- Bayes-Adjusted Fenwick Close numbers. It's way too late and I am way too stupid to even attempt to figure out what that means, but it's from garik so you know you gotta read it. [Hockey-Graphs]
- Why aren't the Devils playing Damien Brunner? I mean, his name is "Damien" for chrissakes. [In Lou We Trust]
- The Philadelphia Inquirer always asks the hard-hitting questions such as, "Are the Flyers worried about getting ebola while in Dallas to play the Stars?" and "Why are you looking at me like that?" [Broad Street Hockey]
- Scott Bakula: Time Traveller, overage college quarterback, Starship captain, Navy cop and die hard hockey fan [The Hockey News]
Jack Capuano chats with Shannon Hogan after last night's loss in Pittsburgh.