That was fun. Let's see it again, but this time in the blue jerseys.
FIG picks for Game 2 can be left here.
- Recaps: LHH | New$day | Islanders | NHL.com | Canes Country
- Garik compiled the neutral zone info from the game including entries and shots from them. [Islanders Analytics]
- Eric Hornick is back with his first proper Skinny of the season.
- We all know what drove the Islanders to win last night - Cappy's Pre-Game speech. [Les Beaver]
- Our panel talks about what they're looking forward to from the Islanders this season. So far, we're all right.
- What will the Islanders power play look like this season? Looked pretty damn good last night. [New$day]
- Cory Conacher is skating on the first line. Should he be? [Empire Writes Back]
- In a startling surprise result, the long-awaited No. 1 player on Lighthouse Hockey's Top 25 Under 25 list is, you guessed it, Frank Stallone.
- The Islanders future is now, Brooklyn or no Brooklyn. [CBS Sports]
- Kevin Allen of USA Today goes even further: Islanders can win the Metro Division.
- Capitol District Islander with some random Nassau Coliseum memories, which are often the best kind. Perhaps you have some as well.
- New$day's coverage of the final year at the Coliseum: Catch up with your dynasty alumni | The 10 most memorable games at Nassau Coliseum.
- The Islanders have had a long, long history of owners looking to upgrade or replace Nassau Coliseum. None could break through. [New$day]
- Last night's NHL scores: You already know it, jack. It's on the front page of this site.
- Chris Pronger was officially hired by the NHL Department of Player Safety, which is all kinds of weird and technically illegal under two sections of the CBA. [Broad Street Hockey | Canadian Press | Nick Cotsonika]
- Andrew Barroway will finally get his team, the Arizona Coyotes. An agreement was reached that will make him the majority owner. [Coyotes]
- The Penguins have a new and scary gameplan. [Sporting News]
- Many hockey analytics folks have new jobs and too many good websites with them. [fivethiryeight]
- It's not just about rebuilding. It's about rebuilding at the right time to get certain players. Starring your New York Islanders. [Sportsnet.ca]
Hoo boy. This is not a good look for ex-Islander Trevor Gillies. Playing now for the Adirondack Flames, he decided to use a guy's head to mime driving a tent stake into the ground with a rock. [Deadspin]