Congrats to everyone with a snow day today. Cuddle up with some hot cocoa and watch a replay of last night's win.
- Recaps: LHH | New$day | IPB | NY Post
- The Skinny from the snowy Garden
- Arthur Staple on Kevin Poulin's wild night. [New$day]
- Lubomir Visnovsky is on the way back but will not be playing in the Olympics for Slovakia due to the lingering risks to both his health and the Islanders. So sayeth Garth. [New$day]
- Pierre LeBrun's Rumblings blog contains a whole lot of Thomas Vanek talk. Long story short: he likes the Islanders. Money quote: "But his decision in the end won't reflect at all in the fact that he's found way more positives than negatives about his experience on the Island. He's had nothing but positives to say to me about the way he's been treated."
- Pat Flatley, Glenn Healy, Ken Daneyko, Long Islander/Rangers superfan Boomer Esiason and other New York/New Jersey alumni skated a quick game of shinny at Bryant Park in NYC yesterday. [Puck Daddy] And some more pictures, courtesy of the Islanders.
- From yesterday, Anders Lee sits down with Phil Giubileo for a two-part MSG feature on his first pro season with the Sound Tigers.
- Last night's NHL scores. The real Blues must have never made it to the Prudential Center in the snow, because the Devils whupped some other St. Louis team 7-1. And the Blue Jackets won their seventh straight.
- Elliotte Friedman's 30 Thoughts, mostly about the Calgary Flames.
- Speaking of the Flames, their SBN blog Matchsticks and Gasoline is under new management. Check 'em out and read stories like what the Flames re-signing of Matt Stajan means for their future.
- Upon further review, Team Russia will be bringing Alex Semin to Sochi. [Puck Daddy]
- TSN stats dude and sharp NHL observer Scott Cullen talks about what's surprised him this season. The Josh Bailey/Pierre-Marc Bouchard section makes me wonder if he was lurking in the comments of yesterday's Bits post.
- Eric T. on how much a player's previous seasons can affect his current data. I'm not sure I understand it, but I'm glad he wrote it. [Outnumbered]
- Weekly gratuitous Whalers reference: Remember when Brian Burke killed "Brass Bonanza?" Bad times. [NHL.com]
- Different Whalers: OHL team Plymouth team hosts dance off after a big win. Fun times. [Yahoo.ca]
- Down Goes Brown asks The Eternal Question: what's better NHLPA '93 or NHL '94? (answer: he's right, it's NHLPA '93)
- Not hockey, but of interest to many here: a longread on the fall of former New York Giant Dave Meggett.
Haven't done a video in a while. Snowblind by Black Sabbath seems appropriate.
More from Lighthouse Hockey
- Battle of New York, Islanders vs. Rangers Preview: 1st in 10
- MSG Video: Islanders prospect Anders Lee under the microscope
- [Gameday Bits] Rally Monday & somebody left the Katz* open
- New York Islanders 4*, Philadelphia Flyers 3 (*SO): Isles' turn for 3rd-period comeback
- Islanders Gameday News: Rematch with Flyers; Russo Eligibility Troubles