Programming note: the Islanders game Monday is a 1 pm start. Expect black jerseys. You've been warned.
- Recaps: LHH | New$day | IPB | Islanders | Broad Street Hockey
- The Skinny from Philly by Eric Hornick.
- Arthur Staple on the enduring and frustrating mystery of Josh Bailey's lost year.
- The latest news on the injuries to Lubomir Visnovsky, Travis Hamonic and Evgeni Nabokov. [New$day]
- The Sound Tigers lost 5-3 to Hershey on Saturday, Bridgeport's seventh loss in their last eight games. [CT Post]
- Bonus Skinny! Why January 18th is (was?) an important day in Islanders history. (Not yesterday. January 18, 1973).
- Last night's NHL scores. Four goals for Martin St. Louis in Tampa's 5-4 loss to San Jose and the Red Wings tied their game with the Kings on a goal that shouldn't have counted.
- In case you missed it yesterday, the Flyers signed goalie Steve Mason to a 3-year contract extension hours before the Islanders chased him from the crease. [SB Nation]
- You'll be hearing more about this one. The Flames and Canucks got off to a brawling start last night when goon lines were sent for the opening face-off. Seven ejections and million penalties seconds into the game. At the first intermission, John Tortorella jawed with the entire Flames roster in the hallway. Get the outrage machine warmed up. [SB Nation]
- Remember the name Sonny Milano. Team USA U18 player, Long Islander, Islanders fan and potential first round pick. [New$day]
More from Lighthouse Hockey
- Philadelphia Flyers 6 (EN), New York Islanders 4: Isles waste effort with 3rd-period rollover
- New York Islanders vs. Philadelphia Flyers: After 20 years, Philly solves its goaltending problem
- [Gameday Bits] Saturday Night's Alright for Flying
- Kirill Kabanov Motors His Way to MODO on Loan
- 2014 LHH Outdoor Game Meetup: What's Your Battle Level?