- Recaps: LHH | New$day | IPB | Islanders | Raw Charge
- The Sunshine State Shootout Skinny from Eric Hornick.
- Travis Hamonic rests on Long Island as we wait for word of his injury and availability. [New$day]
- And Arthur Staple guests on the latest Dump and Chase podcast from the Eyes on Isles guys.
- Wait. Hold up. The Islanders are being used as an example of doing something RIGHT? Come on. No, seriously. Adam Proteau says the Maple Leafs should look to Kyle Okposo for tips on how to handle Nazim Kadri. [Metronews.ca]
- Clark Gillies gives back to sick kids on Long Island and makes you feel blessed and lucky to have this man in our lives even from afar. [LI Press]
Around the NHL:
- Last night's NHL scores. Habs win in OT on a PK Subban goal and the Devils lose their eighth straight shootout this season. They're 0 for their last 12 shootouts going back to last season. Praise be to Frans.
- Evander Kane is on IR with a cut hand [Associated Press] and Sheldon Souray will have wrist surgery, ending his season before it even got started. [Sportsnet]
- Pierre LeBrun with a bushel of trade rumors. Nothing Islanders-related, but some targets in there for sure. [ESPN]
- Down Goes Brown on the NHL Loser Point and how to eradicate it. [Grantland]
- And Raw Charge's John Fontana has some ideas to simplify the NHL's points system as well.
- Longtime NHL forward Steve Begin has retired. [PHT]
- A recap of Wednesday night's Team Orr versus Team Cherry Top Prospects Game. [Yahoo.ca]
- I'll try to stop posting Oilers links for a while, because I feel like I'm piling on. But they are fascinating for a few reasons. At the SBN Mothership, Adam Gretz talks about why a goalie like UFA-to-be Devin Dubnyk is always worth a shot, and Jonathan Willis reports that as of this minute, Edmonton's first round pick is the only one they have in the upcoming draft. Ouch.
- Why hasn't a Canadian team not won the Stanley Cup since Mighty Morphin Power Rangers premiered? It's not the Loonie. It's the loonies running the teams. [Spector's Hockey]
- At Hockey-Graphs, garik talks about players that score but don't necessarily drive possession and uses a woefully out of date picture of Ilya Kovalchuk.
- So, like, what does a healthy scratch actually do when healthy scratched? Justin Bourne has the answers. [Backhand Shelf]
More from Lighthouse Hockey
- New York Islanders 2*, Tampa Bay Lightning 1 (*SO): Kevin Poulin matches Bishop
- New York Islanders vs. Tampa Bay Lightning Preview: Radek Martinek's 10th Life
- Andrew MacDonald Contract Talks with the Islanders: Here we go...
- [Bits] LHH Power Rankings: We're Number 26!
- Sweepstakes: Win 2 Tickets to Islanders-Rangers Stadium Series Game, Maybe