Today's list of NHL players on waivers is a lengthy one, and as expected Joe Finley is on that list.
Finley was originally claimed by the Islanders via waivers during the Great Waiver Binge of '13, but he never looked more than their eighth-best option and is frankly even lower than that on the talent depth chart.
- Forwards: Moulson, Tavares, Okposo, Bailey, Nielsen, Grabner, Diamond, Gallant, Persson, Sundstrom, Quine, Johnson
- Defense: Finley, Hickey, Visnovsky, Hamonic, de Haan, Mayfield
- Goalies: Anders Nilsson and Kevin Poulin
So that puts the Islanders' top two forward lines in Barrie, while the other units, including a probable prospect scoring line, are in Ottawa. Make your own lines for both locations out of this list of all the players still in camp.
Scheduling note: The Barrie game will begin at 6 p.m. EDT, the Ottawa game at 7:30 p.m.
More Isles reads:
- Barrie is thrilled to be seeing some NHL and Isles stars.
- And if you missed it, Ryan Pulock and Alan Quine signed ELC deals.
- Meanwhile, the official site has a bit on Kyle Okposo's return.
- The Times: Islanders Coach is Hard on Himself and on His Team
- In Newsday, Staple has Frans Nielsen and Travis Hamonic talking about the need to improve the PK.
- Also if you missed it there: Newsday on Grabner's versatility.
- Cool story in the Connecticut Post about Ben Rosen playing in the Maccabiah Games in Israel.
- Among the waiver news, the Leafs will now have to just deal with the John-Michael Liles cap problem of their own making.
- On that note, Joe Colborne was dealt to the Flames for a conditional fourth-round pick.
- The Panthers have signed Brad Boyes and Tom Gilbert, and traded for Krys Barch.
- All of your Uni Watch-level of detail and uniform changes for the coming season.
- The Oilers named Andrew Ferrence captain.
- Do the Blue Jackets Have a Coaching Problem?
- Good read in the Washington Post on Alex Ovechkin's evolution as he has turned, yikes, 28 years old.
- Paul Bissonnette's automatic 10-game suspension was reduced to three games because video evidence was inconclusive and hinted that he made a legal change.