Not a ton of reads to parse as we enter day three of New York Islanders training camp practices between games -- but just wait until today's lines are announced! Nonetheless, here is a bit of this and that.
- Official site: On practicing special teams this week.
- Video from the official site on this and that.
- Newsday on Josh Bailey's reappearance on the first line.
- On the farm: Connecticut Post on Kirill Kabanov saying he needs to earn coaches' respect and be a leader. (Note that Andrey Pedan also went to Gary Roberts camp.)
- Also: Scott Pellerin wants Calvin de Haan to make quicker decisions, simplify his game.
- The Sound Tigers site on Ben Rosen and Sean Escobedo, BU teammates in Bridgeport.
UPDATE: Morning Lines
Today's lines as reported by the Islanders are unchanged form yesterday, save for some minor tinkering with Group 2:
Moulson - Tavares - Bailey
Grabner - Nielsen - Lee
Martin - Cizikas - McDonald
Nelson - Regin - Bouchard
Strome - Bruton - Boulton
Persson - Sundstrom - Kabanov
Diamond - Miller - Wetmore
Halmo - Quine - Clark
Gallant - Jackson - Johnson
NEW: Cody Franson has signed a one-year, $2 million deal with the Leafs.
- Kevin Allen (USA Today) power rankings.
- This is the slideshow of photos from Penn State's new arena, built with Pegula Pennies.
- On the NHL creating the "player selection" rationale on the fly.
- The Oilers sent Darnell Nurse back to juniors, but they were quite impressed.
- The TSN panel of GMs and other voters rank John Tavares 13th among the top 50 NHLers.
- Q&A with Michael Ryder, Devils free agent addition.