After a split-squad 0-for-2 jaunt to Western Canada, the New York Islanders are back "home" for a pair of games against the Devils, the first on the road in Newark tonight, the next at the soon-to-be-home venue in Brooklyn.
Tonight's game will be streamed at the official sites for the Islanders and Devils.
For the Isles, one thing to watch is Kevin Poulin, who is expected to get the full 60 in net, Arthur Staple reports.
Staple also had lines from the morning skate, which tells you the expected roster and combinations tonight:
12 Bailey - 51 Nielsen - 21 Okposo
27 Lee - 29 Nelson - 18 Strome
Gallant - 16 Regin - 36 Boulton
Quine - Miller - Diamond
Dalhuisen - 4 Martinek
Pedan - Mayfield
Observations for tonight:
- The combo of Anders Lee, Brock Nelson and Ryan Strome stays together. Those guys could feature prominently at Bridgeport or fight to take Cal Clutterbuck's open spot, which Staples suggests may be open four to six weeks.
- With Clutterbuck out, poor Peter Regin loses both of his linemates from last game (Michael Grabner is probably being saved for Saturday's "home" game), and instead gets the Johan Sundstrom task skating between enforcers Eric Boulton and Brett Gallant.
- The Griffin Reinhart-Ryan Pulock first-round pair gets another look, while we get a look at Andrei Pedan and Scott Mayfield's progress, plus interesting D prospect Mike Dalhuisen.
- So Greg Miller then?
- In video at the official site, Reinhart and Pulock spoke a bit about what they learned from their first exposure -- and what they learned afterward in video review with the coaches.
- Come on, Kevin Poulin. Show us something upon which we can pin hopes based on 60 minutes of work.
Consider this your game thread. Large, dramatic, incriminating conclusions to come later.