Good morning. We have these stories we think you should read, then report back.
- In case you didn't know it, Matt Moulson is cool: Darien youth players enjoy hockey camp with New York Islander star Moulson - Darien News
- Matt Donovan has focused on his defense the last two years: Destination Long Island: - SportzEdge.com
- IPB grades Frans Nielsen and, as of this moment, lives to tell about it.
- Heh. In which Brett Gallant tells Nino to work out a little.
- Wow, now this is a find: Twitter / enystrom23: Cleanin out my closet and came ...
- Summer stirs the fictional muse, I reckon: The Clutterbuck Chronicles, Vol. 1: Long Island-Bound, and Loving It - Eyes On Isles
I've often said I sympathize with longtime Capitals fans -- maybe they haven't been through quite as deep of a Spano as the Isles have, but they were tortured bridesmaids for two decades. Fom Peerless Prognosticator, a great rundown of the Caps' encounters with the Isles in the old Patrick Division days:
As much as the contemporary Capitals are defined in their rivalry against the Pittsburgh Penguins, their Patrick Division rivalry with the New York Islanders in the 1980's and early 1990's might have been more intense.
- Pshh, whatever, goalie pads are too big: Pro goalie Bobby Goepfert goes in-depth on the varying types of pain a hockey puck dishes out | Backhand Shelf
- Meet the Canadian personalities Fox is importing to compete with ESPN, eh: America, meet Jay Onrait and Dan O'Toole - SBNation.com
- Doug Gilmour traded his own son. Presumably better circumstances than when the father was traded to Calgary.
- I'll say this: Josh Bailey has been far lower maintenance: Report: Sabres waiting on Hodgson | NHL | The Score
- Ex-NHLer Steve Ludzik thinks hockey caused his Parkinson's.
- Bizarre consequences: Bettman's efforts earn him savior status in Arizona
- On that note, it seems Phoenix, er Arizona, will get an All-Star Game.
- This sucks, ridiculously so: NHL 14 ‘Live The Life’ mode looks suitably ridiculous (Video) - Yahoo! Sports
- This does not suck: The Forgettable Final Years of 17 NHL Veterans - Grantland
- The answer is always Lemieux: Gretzky vs. Lemieux: The ultimate showdown - NHL - Sporting News
- Finally, here is the first episode of the Flyers' web behind-the-scenes show, with lots of debate about their draft order.
From the Peerless' Patrick Division post, a classic Smith moment: