Read three of these, and call us in comments:
In a good article, Yahoo is talking up John Tavares as ready to burst into superstardom for Team Canada, but I'm more interested in this:
"There’s really nothing quite like playoff hockey, and just in the first round, that experience was phenomenal," Tavares said. "I still think about it every day, how much fun that was, what an opportunity we had. I think it drives you even more..."
- Photo: Anders and Anders. (And sand, er...?)
- A great piece overall, and another graphical look at just how much better the Isles were in the second half. Which is both reassuring and anxiety-causing.
- Photo: Why is the dragon passed out on the couch?
- Shutdown Line with a very thorough look at the Islanders' chances in the Metro.
- Now with an official link: Ty Wishart has fled to Germany.
- One of the reasons he's allowed to flee: KNOW THE NEW GUYS: MIKE DALHUISEN - SoundTigers.com
- IPB via Slovak media: Lubomir Visnovsky Undecided on Olympics
- Dave Lozo rates the Flyers and Leafs above the Isles. But he's funny on Twitter too.
- An interesting question: Dee Karl - Could Preds "Keep The Red Out" Promo Work For Isles?
- Also from Dee: She had to correct a Macy's promoter on the pronunciation of "Moulson." Pronounced with an Ol-son.
- The worst car ads with NHLers features a couple of Islanders classics.
- Save the Isles talks with Eamon McAdam about prospect camp, being drafted, working with Dunham.
- Hilarious: The Official Boston Bruins Google Autocomplete-based Season Preview - Stanley Cup of Chowder
- Goalie rumors! Sort of. Ryan Miller trade rumors: Goaltender hopes to avoid public circus - SBNation.com
- Pretending Jeremy Roenick is outraged about a player going to Europe: Matthew Lombardi Won't Return to Ducks, Signs with Swiss National League - Battle of California
- I actually agree with just about all of this: NHL's top 5 uniform mistakes - SBNation.com
Cover Your Eyes
And in honor of jersey mistakes, here are three monstrosities in one sequence: The Kings' Burger King jerseys, the Ducks' green explosion jerseys, and Marty McSorley scoring a goal: