Barring any unfortunate events -- other than, arguably, the presser itself -- Nassau is again expected to announce who they're selecting to redevelop the Coliseum this morning. It's either Brooklyn sports and land mogul Bruce Ratner's group or cable/Garden/Newsday/other papa James Dolan's MSG.
Watch the announcement, streamed live at the county site here.
- Metro Division talk at Japers' Rink, with plenty of debate: Division's Top 10 Defenseman | Top 10 Goalies
- Official now: Dustin Kohn is a Steeler and a scholar.
- Junior Islanders tryouts: Awwww...
- Corey Pronman at Hockey Prospectu puts Brenden Kichton as Winnipeg's 12th-best prospect, with: "He moves the puck really well, but his defense still needs work."
- About the 30 minutes before the Coliseum announcement will be an announcement of the Devils being bailed out, with the 76ers owner buying the team, lease, and paying off Vanderbeek's debt. More here at Fire & Ice.
- Could your team be worse than the Flames? (No. But here are five that might be.)
- Jonathan Toews, who is usually really boring with the media, says interesting things about players probably using drugs.
- Two Yahoo Luongo links, both amusing: "We are the World"-like song that even features a Luongo appearance (around 3:40), and someone stole -- but probably didn't pump -- the goalie's tires.
- Alright, one more Luongo link: Is Roberto Luongo happy? Canucks' Gilman can't say - NHL - Sporting News
- Bourne on jersey numbers.