Game 3 is a noon start for the New York Islanders and Pittsburgh Penguins, so many of the normal routines are disrupted. That doesn't meant here won't be plenty of tailgates at Nassau Coliseum though.
It does mean information flowing from the arena will be lighter than what we're used to on days with morning skates. But here are some bits, lineup hints and other good reads from yesterday and this morning:
- Newsday: Isles, Penguins prepare to play at raucous Coliseum | Islanders Insider: Brian Strait a physical presence in playoffs | Coliseum played a passionate part in Islanders'success
- Islanders official site: Jack Capuano on the altered lines for Game 2 - "We scored two goals in the last three games...There's not a lot of time in a playoff series to be patient." | Okposo on his fight with Matt Niskanen: "I didn't really think about it."
- Niskanen needed five stitches.
- The Post also discussed the line changes. The Daily News talks about the Coliseum.
- At practice yesterday, Evgeni Malkin didn't skate, James Neal did but only for 10 minutes, and the Penguins were in full "information lockdown."
- Bloggin': Nabokov’s Play a Part of Isles Success " Isles Blog
- Puck Buddys: Making a Living on the Road Less Traveled
- In other series: Some fool tried to write up yesterday's OT win by the Capitals over the Rangers | That one's a more interesting series this year. | Jimmy Howard did what a lot of people would like to do to Corey Perry | Hard to keep dry eyes after seeing a bombing victim wave the flag in Boston. (SO much Jack Edwards though.)
Leave your First Islanders Goal picks in this thread.