If you hadn't yet seen this year's CBC Hockey Night in Canada warmup video, it's worth a watch, above. (Particularly if you're a The Who fan. But sorry about the still screenshot there.)
- Crosby Watch: He took some regular rushes at practice, but not full-time. Don't jump the gun.
- At the official site, the Isles talk about getting their game back.
- More of that with more reactions at nhl.com.
- Scoring chances from Game 1.
- Yesterday we discussed Ratners' Nassau Coliseum proposal which would have the Isles continue to play six games per year in Nassau. Here is an overview of all the presenters and their proposals. The Rangers want in on that turf too.
- Never thought the Islanders and Nabby would be a subject at McSweeney's.
- Really ugly, bloody scene for the Dane Lars Eller last night. Word was concussion, lost teeth and broken nose.
Tyson Strachan and Lars Eller were teammates in the Blues system. Strachan blames...Eller's teammate:
I'd like to see somebody jump the canadiens defensemen that made that suicide pass. Hoping Lars is ok tonight— Tyson Strachan (@tstracks) May 3, 2013
This is how I know Jack Capuano does not comment in our live game threads:
"Sometimes after a game you get emotional and the first thing that runs through your head is some guys didn’t have their best games and maybe we’ll make changes," said coach Jack Capuano. "But until you watch the tape and analyze the situation..."
“Two top defensive teams, shots against in the league. There’s no surprises, really. It’s just a lot of hard inches and tough shifts out there.”
- TSN Play of the Year 2013
- Cool story here on Isles blogger John Panarese, who is blind (and whose work many of you may know).
- The Islanders will hold "Fan Fests" before the home playoff games.
- Brooklyn Gathering Tonight: Details here
- Sunday Game 3 brunch/tailgate: By LHHers, details here
Leave your First Islanders Goal picks in this thread.