So, who's ready for playoffs eh? Can't wait!
Oh? Oh. Darn.
Recaps and Coverage:
- Newsday: Various Isles reactions | Nabby says that mask is done
- Post: Things could not have gone worse.
- Post-Gazette: The Penguins feel good. Beau Bennet is a proud rookie. | Kevin Poulin was caught "taking information," but President Ford will pardon him.
- Blog reactions: IPB | Checking Line | Eyes on Isles |
Additional quotes from the P-G's Molinari:
Jarome Iginla, on the Islanders: "They’re not going to be happy right now. And desperation only grows as the series goes on."
Pascal Dupuis: "The way we came out, being physical on their top guys, the way we battled, I don’t know if they were expecting that."
Dan Bylsma would like you to know that if he had an injury update on James Neal (injured on a hit by Travis Hamonic), he wouldn't give it to you anyway.
- More links at Nets Daily on the Yormark business plans for the Isles. Includes a link to a hilariously awful Gothamist post that was promptly torched in comments.
- Elsewhere last night: James van Riemsdyk is naughty, but his victim is well chosen. The Leafs lost badly, but at least they managed a goal. And in the late game, San Jose pulled away in the third.
- Grantland: Filmmaker John Hughes and his NHL fandom
- And this: The Hurt Locker: Studying the Impact of NHL Injuries - 2012 Results and Power Rankings - Eyes On The Prize
Pre-Game Brunch for Game 3 Sunday
I know it's rude (for many) of the NHL to make the Islanders' first home playoff game in years at noon on a Sunday, but there is a way to make lemonade (or KOOLaid amirite?) out of those lemons. Mimosas, too. Check this FanShot for plans for a little brunch tailgating.