It was a fun, dramatic win for the Islanders last night, on a night with a refreshing lack of three-point games. So the Isles move up the standings to a very tentative (they have 33 games played) ninth place, two points behind the Rangers who have one game in hand.
What, realistically, are their chances? Mike goes into that in his power rankings, exploring the odds and remaining schedules of all the combatants, a little later this morning. But for now, some further coverage from last night and hockey, glorious hockey:
- More on last night: LHH recap featuring McNally the Elder | Japers' Rink | Newsday with Capuano nearly breaking up line 1 | IPB | The Skinny
- That win makes ESPN NY post something about the Islanders, something about playoffs.
- R.I.P. Wayne Fleming, former assistant for the Isles and several teams.
- Why you would target Jussi Jokinen, who will probably be claimed on waivers today.
- Rob McGowan: This is the year the Isles should buy.
- Bridgeport has added a Rosen. But not that Rosen. A local Rosen.
- Yashin leads the women.
- Some great, lopsided, breakout trades in NHL history.
- With Corsi, as with everything, context is key.
- Good read, but stop me if you've heard this before: Garth Snow has been very good at finding underpriced value, but not so good at identifying goalies.
Moment of Twitter
Two days ago Matt Martin chirped Casey Cizikas about his embarrassing moment...
...so it was only fitting that he took his lumps after wrecking himself into the boards in Washington last night and retweeted this from David Ullstrom, out on IR:
Big win ftb. @mattymarts17 did you track down the sniper that got you on the offensive blueline?— David Ullstrom (@d_ullstrom) March 27, 2013