G'morning. How's the view from up here after seven games in the Islanders season?
Coverage from last night's 5-4 OT win:
- Newsday: Not satisfied in victory, Travis Hamonic says there are "things to address," Keith Aucoin says "correctable mistakes," John Tavares says they "can get a lot better."
- Daily News: More from Tavares.
- Post: Also with quotes from Tavares, and Boyes saying teams might be taking them for granted.
- Times: More Tavares on raised expectations.
- Star-Ledger: DeBoer on "my man Capuano had a tough week," and Brodeur on playing the puck in OT
Fire & Ice: DeBoer says Devils didn't deserve to win.
- IPB: Got some crazy Irishman to recap the firewagon game.
- The Skinny: That's three powerplay goals against the Devils by the Isles for the first time since 2001.
- Nice piece on Keith Aucoin in the Times. (The Washington one.) [h/t Isles1972 FanShot]
- Down on the farm, the Sound Tigers had a tough-luck shootout loss to Providence. Two goals from Ty Wishart, 38 saves from kevin Poulin. More in the Post here, and from the official site here. They play at Hartford tonight.
- Nino Niederreiter is 12th overall in AHL scoring -- still behind Keith Aucoin and Oilers (Barons) Jordan Eberle and Justin Schultz.
- Casey Cizikas was guest on the PowerPlay [audio] after his first NHL goal. Talked about developing in the AHL as well.
- The Isles-Pens game drew 245,000 viewers on NBCSN, and that's with it being blacked out in Pittsburgh in deference to the brilliant insight offered by Bob Errey and company.
- Speaking of which, I link this only to point out the Islanders trounced the Penguins in what was apparently the largest crowd in the building's history. Hee hee.
Some older links, but good ones:
- Thoughts from Colin McDonald on why he made the team and what's expected of him.
- Matt Martin's workout ... in the WSJ? Really?
- Nino is focused on what he can control, he says.
- Paul Kelly says the league totally has talked about maybe having 32 teams.
- Say it ain't so: Hockey and ’30 Rock’: Inside plentiful puck references as Tina Fey’s sitcom reaches finale | Puck Daddy - Yahoo! Sports
- TSN's midseason 2013 draft rankings.
- Finally: Vladimir Tarasenko -- who scored his fifth last night making James Wisniewski look silly -- is good, you guys.
As always, feel free to add and discuss more news in comments or post via FanShots.