FIG Picks for tonight's game go here.
- In case you missed it in the comments yesterday, Arthur Staple's "Is it time the Islanders rebuild again" was less provocative than the title betrays. He's suggesting they rid themselves of some unproductive players - and end the Thomas Vanek gambit - and call up some kids. But it lit the fanbase on fire for a little while on Friday. Not that it takes much.
- Also causing a stir, our own Chris McNally on which Islanders need to get gone.
- Could Peter Laviolette be the man to turn the Islanders around? Thanks to one vague, passive aggressive collection of 140 characters, apparently the answer is "maybe." [Puck Daddy]
- The Islanders need an attitude adjustment more than anything else. [Eyes on Isles]
- Ryan Strome had a goal and two assists in Bridgeports' 5-3 win over Utica on Friday and now leads the AHL in scoring. The drums, they beat louder and louder... [BST]
- Jay Pandolfo just announced his retirement yesterday. Seriously. [CSN New England]
- Flying in to attend the Stadium Series' game in the Bronx? Here are some hotel packages, unless you're crashing on a bud's couch.
- And commenter jbotte is organizing a meet-up for the December 14th game at the Coliseum. Go and be merry.
- Last night's NHL scores. The Devils had 11 shots in their loss to the Red Wings, the Blue Jackets blew out the Wild and the Sharks have lost two in a row? What the hell?
- Down Goes Brown Does Zone Entries. [Grantland]
- And also at The World Wide Leader, NHL pugilist and all-around smart dude George Parros talks fighting on a psychological level with writer Seth Wickersham.
- Does the NHL have a racism problem? [Arctic Ice Hockey]
- The Sabres have a Ryan Miller problem. And Ryan Miller has a Sabres problem. [Buffalo News]
- Stephen Weiss will face the Florida Panthers for the first time since signing with Detroit over the summer. The transition has been... not what he expected. [Sun Sentinel]
- There's math and there's whatever the hell Darryl Sutter is talking about here at Deadspin. Prepare your mind before it's split into a million pieces, Fist of the North Star-style.
Save of the night by Jonas Gustavson? Save of the year? Gee whiz.
More from Lighthouse Hockey
- Zeitgeist: Self-Destructing Islanders Introduce Second Mascot
- Don't Let the Door...: Three Players Who Should Leave the Island
- [Bits] Islanders Smoked Like St. Louis Style Ribs*
- Recap - St. Louis Blues 5, New York Islanders 1: Penalty Killer
- New York Islanders vs. St. Louis Blues: Winless streak hits eight