- Incredibly, the Islanders are still in the playoff hunt. Mathematically, at least. [New$day]
- Michael Grabner: Austrian Hit Man [Islanders]
- How much blame should Jack Capuano get for how the Islanders season has gone so far? [Eyes on Isles]
- What is the true impact of having a healthy Evgeni Nabokov on the ice? [The Hockey Writers]
- No, seriously, the Islanders are only nine points out of the playoffs despite barely winning a game between November and January. [The Hockey Writers]
- Video: The players play host to kids at the holidays. [Islanders]
- Nostalgia: A program from the first game at Nassau Coliseum, October, 1972. [Islanders Point Blank]
- The Sound Tigers lost to Hartford 3-1 on Thursday. [BST]
While you were eating:
- World Juniors started yesterday and Red Wings' prospect Anthony "Black" Mantha shot out of the gate with a hat trick in Canada's win over Germany.
- Gary Bettman ruined Shawn Thornton's Christmas by upholding this 15-game suspension for attacking Brooks Orpik. [SB Nation]
- Elliotte Friedman's 30 Thoughts from Monday. All the Oilers news you need.
- Frederick Roy, son of Patrick, has a bit of a temper, and had a meltdown during the Spengler Cup going on right now in Switzerland. [Yahoo.ca]
- Which goalies are most likely to make a quote unquote BIG SAVE? [Eric T at SB Nation]
- Lists! Puck Daddy's worst Jersey Fouls of 2013.
- Lists! Sports Illustrated ranks the 13 best NHL games of 2013, half of which include the Chicago Blackhawks.
- The Winter Classic is around the corner. Dan Craig is the guy who makes the big outdoor ice, and not the guy that plays James Bond. [Yahoo!]
- The Washington Post takes time out from Redskins drama to shine a light on the "Moneypuck" phenomenon that has nothing to do with Moneyball at all but we won't bog them down with details like that.
- NHL.com ranks the 200 best fantasy hockey players at the mid-season mark. I hope Santa left some of them under the tree for you.
More from Lighthouse Hockey
- New York Islanders Christmas Wishlist: Looking ahead
- [Bits] OK, students. No homework over Christmas break
- Recap - New York Islanders 3, Detroit Red Wings: All exactly as expected.
- Islanders News: Limping into Detroit
- [Bits] Duck, Duck, Lose. Plus WJC's, Brunner & Gaborik Out, Hiller Hot, Neuvirth Eager