It's the Sunday before Christmas. Go out and finish shopping. Don't think about the Islanders. And for God's sake, don't watch the -Browns or Giants-Lions games today which will probably compound the misery.
- Recaps: LHH | New$day | IPB | Islanders | Anaheim Calling
- The Skinny with the rough numbers on the lost leads of the season.
- Prior to last night's game, Matt Martin and Eric Boulton talk fisticuffs and protecting John Tavares. [New$day]
- Three defensive prospects are playing in the World Junior tourney - Griffin Reinhart, Adam Pelech and Ville Pokka. [New$day again]
- The Sound Tigers lost 2-1 to Manchester on Saturday.
- Five NHLers on Santa's Naughty List. Matt Carkner is due for some coal this year. [Panther Parkway]
- * - Because I stopped before the final third.
- Last Night's NHL Scores. Basically, half the NHL blew a lead. Red Wings and Habs won, Capitals and Senators lost. And the Oilers got wrecked by St. Louis.
- Marian Gaborik returned from a month-long injury last night... and promptly broke his collarbone against the Flyers and is now on IR. Man, that's awful.
- The Devils' Damien Brunner will miss a month with a knee injury. [SB Nation]
- Jonas Hiller's having a crazy good season, but doesn't get enough love from Ducks fans. [Anaheim Calling]
- Washington's Michal Neuvirth wants to be a starting goaltender. He may have to do that with a team other than the Caps. [SB Nation]
- Fan apathy, lots of losses, bad memories of horrible teams of the 1990s and angst directed at the unconventional owner and nepotistic management. The Oilers are having troubles. Who did you think I was talking about? [Edmonton Journal]
- Bruce Garrioch has the scuttlebutt of trade rumors from around the league. Nothing about the Islanders, but a lot of names get thrown around for your fantasy transactions. Basically, every team wants a top-4 puck-moving defenseman and a top-six forward who can play center. Good luck.
- SI's Sam Page recounts his Top NHL tweets of 2013. Some great stuff.
- Finally, the always erudite Megalodon of Battle of California offers his thoughts on Kings captain Dustin Brown not being disciplined for his knee-on-knee hit on San Jose's Tomas Hertl.
- [Back-to-Back Bits] Nice win. Now do it again.
- Post-Game Video: Capuano, Grabner relieved in rare Islanders victory
- Recap - New York Islanders 5 (EN), Rangers 3: Monkey off Grabner's back
- [Gameday Bits] Quick! Before the gremlins come back
- Islanders' 1979 Christmas album brings holiday standards, gang vocals to your hearth