Islanders-Rangers tonight. One team can't win a game lately and the other also can't win a game lately. This will either be "the kind of win the team can build off of" or "the most demoralizing loss of the half season."
- The embattled Arthur Staple on the (hopeful) break out of Michael Grabner, Josh Bailey and Frans Nielsen after a strong game on Tuesday night. [Newsday Wants Your Money]
- The Wall Street Journal lets the suits and monocle set know that the Islanders haven't been good this year.
- Audio: The Eyes on Isles crew podcasts after the loss to the Lightning and has it out with the nightly insanity of #IslesTwitter.
- Bid on a Christmas tree ornament designed by an Islander (and, maybe, his significant other) during tomorrow night's game against the Ducks. [Islanders]
Sound Tigers Stuff:
- Previewing tonight's game against Hartford.
- Matt Donovan's workin' on his game and lookin' good. [CT Post]
- Bridgeport signed forward Andrew Clark to a PTO.
- The Sound Tigers visited hospitals and delivered teddy bears to kids.
- Video: Hey, it's Mike Keenan! Let's get to know him a little better. No, not him. The other one.
- The Capitals Tom Wilson will not be suspended for dive-bombing Brayden Schenn this week. But the DOPS put out a video explaining why. [SB Nation]
- The most gruesome injuries of 2013. [Sports Illustrated]
- Down Goes Brown on the other teams that should get HBO shows. [Grantland]
- LeBrun: California NHL teams are playing very well. Thanks, Pierre. [ESPN]
- Is Dustin Penner "Mr. California Hockey?" He probably should be. He's playing well this season, too. [Jonathan Willis at Bleacher Report]
- Andrei Markov's a nice player but his reputation doesn't match his results. [Tyler Dellow at Sportsnet]
- Looking at the Corsi figures of some of the NHL's young stars. [NHL Numbers]
- Speaking of young stars, remember that Kyle Turris for David Rundblad trade from a few years ago? Well one guy's been great, the other's been buried. [Five for Howling]
- The Blue Jackets don't have a captain and they're cool with that. [Blue Jackets Extra]
- Pavel Kubina has officially retired. I thought he retired, like, five years ago. [Kukla's Korner]
- Check out this Michigan family's a sweet-ass backyard hockey rink. [SB Nation]
More from Lighthouse Hockey
- Islanders' 1979 Christmas album brings holiday standards, gang vocals to your hearth
- [Bits] Close-talkers, Closed Doors and Christmas Presents
- 12/18/13 LHH Power Rankings - Tis the Season, for Getting Beaten
- [Bits] In four seconds, a hummingbird will beat its wings 200 times
- Lightning 3, Islanders 2 (SO): Why We Can't Have Nice Things