- Autopsies: LHH | New$day | IPB | Islanders | Five for Howling
- No updates yet on the injury to Casey Cizikas from last night. He was hit in the jaw and did not return to the game.
- Strome Strome Strome Strome Strome. Strome Strome. [New$day]
- Dee Karl talks with a member of the very vocal Section 329 crew. [Hockey Buzz]
- Audio: Eyes on Isles' latest Dump and Chase podcast features Puck Daddy contributor and Long Islander Sean Leahy
- Announced yesterday but worth repeating: the Sound Tigers signed two players to PTOs, forward Matt Lowry and defenseman/instant underdog legend Scooter Vaughn.
- Lowry and Vaughn replace two other Sound Tigers, Mike Dalhuisen and Nick Larson. Michael Fornabaio finds out why.
- ATTENTION READERS MEETING UP AT TOMORROW'S GAME: Tailgaiting is off, but jbotte's still there. His fanpost has more details.
Shots from the outside
- Last Night's NHL Scores. The Blues pumped the Leafs, the Habs are out of sorts and Matt Duchene led the Avalanche's comeback against the Jets.
- Feaster Ouster. The Flames fired general manager Jay Feaster yesterday, and resident mucketymuck Brian Burke did his usual truculence-pugancity-size dance at the presser that he's done at all this other stops. The difference here is that Burke won't take over full-time as GM, but will find one from outside the organization to eventually replace Feaster, whose record with Calgary was... not productive. For more info from actual Flames fans, stop over at Matchsticks and Gasoline.
- Putting aside the obvious answer as a division rival, is it too late for the Devils to make the playoffs? [ILWT]
- A comprehensive list of the most Florida Panthers things ever to happen to the Florida Panthers. [The Hockey News]
- Seriously, what the hell's happened with Steve Mason in Philly? [ESPN]
- Couple of days late on this, but Blackhawks goalie Corey Crawford is out 2-3 weeks with a lower body injury. Finn Antii Raanta is the starter in his stead. [Yahoo!]
- And speaking of Finns, Blue Jackets GM Jarmo Kekalainen always has his eye on the talent from his home country, both for Columbus and the Finnish Olympic team. [NHL]
- Dustin Penner provides an interesting test case for shooting percentage and shot quality analysis by Tyler Dellow at Sportsnet.
- NEW! SB Nation's Adam Gretz with a very easy - and startling - read on the randomness of goalies.
Hockey Holidays (hockey holidays...) Hockey Holidays (hockey holidays...)
- Video: The Capitals Christmas video needs to be seen to be believed. Joel Ward sure plays a mean inflatable sax.
- The Canucks Christmas card looks like the Addams Family, only with weird sweaters and Strombone as Uncle Fester.
- Must be nice to have a team that can do fun, goofball stuff like that without a million comments like "SELL THE TEAM!," "YOU GUYS SUCK WIN A GAME!" and "LET'S GO RANGERS!" mucking up the works.
- Got a hockey fan in your life this holiday season? Don't give them any of this stuff as a gift. They'll hate it. [Down Goes Brown at Grantland]
- And for the retro hockey enthusiast: Vintage Christmas cards from the Hartford Whalers. [Greatest Hockey Legends]
More from Lighthouse Hockey
- Recap - Phoenix Coyotes 6, New York Islanders 3: As you were.
- New York Islanders vs. Phoenix Coyotes Preview: You've been Strome-teased
- Islanders Activate Evgeni Nabokov, Brian Strait; Anders Nilsson to Bridgeport, Radek Martinek to IR
- Islanders News: Ryan Strome to Debut; Johan Sundstrom to Fill His Shoes
- That Was Fast: How Quick Does Your Team Give Up Answering Goals?