In Newsday's article about the defense, a completely unintentional admission by Travis Hamonic that just maaaaaybe goaltending is a problem: "It's not like we make a ton of mistakes," Travis Hamonic said on Tuesday night, "but it seems like every one of 'em costs us."
(Almost like ... a greater ... percentage ... of shots ... get past the goalies ... on this team...)
More Islanders/Sound Tigers reads:
- Clark Gillies talks hockey, his career, on Daily News Live.
- John Tavares talks Olympics with Canadian media. He's so going to burn himself on that tourney just when we need him most.
- Newsday Isles Files: A test of leadership for Tavares, his team. [$5 please]
- IPB on shuffling the
chairslines: "The lineup shuffling hasn’t done much of any good for the team as a whole, but shuffling and healthy scratching the forwards is not really going to do much in terms of keeping pucks out of the net, which is the problem right now."
- Despite Bridgeport's struggles, the penalty kill is putting it together. In contrast to the parent club.
- At Soundin' Off: Injury updates on John Persson, Chris Bruton, Marc Cantin, plus David Ullstrom and his KHL team part ways.
- ...Ullstrom will now play with Lev Praha, it seems.
- Old friends in Bridgeport: Anders Lee and Nick Larson.
- John Tavares will keep his soul patch. [Skates on a Plane]
- The Hockey News: Islanders inconsistency a mark of inexperience; Tavares: "There’s a lot of time to get to where we want to be, but in saying that, yeah we haven’t played the way we want to play on a consistent basis," Tavares said. "There’s still a lot for us to prove."
- Islanders Optimism: Islanders Op-Timism: Thomas Vanek Is Injured. Get Over It.
- The Checking Line: Injuries expose Isles flaws, highlight importance of developing players at Bridgeport.
- The Marek vs. Wysh podcast featured Adrian Aucoin, who announced his retirement.
- The effects of retained salary in trades, with the Moulson/Vanek and Versteeg trades as the first two examples. [Spectors Hockey]
- NHL scores, coverage and GIFs from last night: Pens pretty well own the Caps.
- If only the Senators (or the Islanders) would spend more, everything would be bett-- well, actually not. Teams that spend more don't necessarily do better.
- This is pretty sweet: Watch NHL highlights without knowing the score.
- New MSG sightlines like Barclays limited view?
- TSN: Cullen: First quarter NHL awards
- This would be fun: Report: Senators, Rangers interested in acquiring Havlat - Fear The Fin
- No confirmation that its agent has already emailed a trade demand: Switzerland's Sochi jerseys leak - Stanley Cup of Chowder
- Columbus, uh, laid an egg in Edmonton: Game 21:"Disgusting" "Sh** Show" | BlueJackets Xtra
- Which Devils should 'NHL Revealed' focus on? [ILWT]
- The Old Spice Guy loves hockey. [Color of Hockey]