The Islanders have an off-day Monday before the Canucks come to town. Something tells me it won't be a relaxing practice session for Michael Grabner.
- The Islanders have placed Lubomir Visnovsky on Injured Reserve due to the concussion he suffered during Saturday's game against Carolina. [Islanders]
- The Post's Brett Crygalis has the time of Grabner's phone hearing: 1 pm today.
- Brock Nelson's back after a one game cameo appearance in Bridgeport. [PHT]
- Now with video, from Islanders Point Blank: Kirill Kabanov had a "Gordie Howe hat trick" for Stockton of the ECHL, which means he played on a line with two of his sons. Wait. That doesn't sound right. [IPB]
- Also from Point Blank is news of a report from the Wall Street Journal that reveals the Islanders will receive money from the owners of the Barclays Center in order to play at the arena. Needless to say, this is quite a departure from the Islanders' current, and expiring, rental agreement with Nassau County. [IPB]
- The Times Richard Sanodmir talks with short-time Islanders owner John Spano ahead of tomorrow's ESPN premier of the documentary "Big Shot." Remember to set your DVRs for 8 pm Tuesday. [NYT]
- Mark Herrmann and his giant head lament Saturday's loss to the Hurricanes [New$day]
- Rangers back-goalie, former Islander and all-around magnanimous dude Martin Biron has decided to retire. Good luck to him. [Blueshirts United]
- ESPN wonders what's wrong with the Rangers. Why, nothing at all. Why do you ask? Everything looks fine from here. [ESPN]
- In Lou We Trust examines the development of defenseman Adam Larsson. [ILWT]
- The history of Team Canada Olympic jerseys via Backhhand Shelf. Lots of leaves and random lines. [BHS]
- Vanity Fair determines - scientifically of course - who the best dressed NHLers are. Matt Martin was robbed. [VF]
- Anaheim's Dustin Penner was hit high last night by Dallas' Ryan Garbutt and left the game, which the Ducks went on to win 6-3. No official word yet, but Garbutt can probably expect a call from the Shanny-Phone. Also, Garbutt. [SBN]
Goalie Goal! Mike Smith gets one in just under the buzzer in the Coyotes' win over the Red Wings on Saturday night.