Update: After the win last night, Kevin Poulin has been returned on loan to AHL Bridgeport.
A sampling of Islanders and NHL coverage below includes Brian Rolston, healthy scratch; Casey Cizikas, Player of the Week; and Marek Zidlicky, Minnesota malcontent with a NTC and one year left on his contract.
Recaps of last night's 5-2 win from: Yours truly | Newsday with a deep recap, including John Tavares on his winner: "I told Matt and Kyle we needed a response." Done, sir. | Canes Country says Canes can't stop Tavares | IPB, with special nod to the ordeal of finding MSG+3k | NYIFYI on JT picking up where he left off | Eyes on Isles on JT's ... hey wait, I'm sensing a theme here.
NHL.com's headline featured Tavares' four points, but also this from Poulin: "The last couple years there have been three goalies here ... When you get the call up, you just have to be ready. I just focus on the game and my team."
- The Skinny from last night with lots of fodder from Eric Hornick.
- Newsday with several status updates (including Marty Reasoner) and Brian Rolston on his scratch: "There's a few factors there, but I take full responsibility for not producing more."
- Matt Moulson feature: NY Islander – Matt Moulson – The Road to the NHL | Sportsideo
- It's nice when one hot AHLer is up getting another look in Rhett Rakhshani, while another is named AHLer of the Week, and neither is named David Ullstrom.
- Around the league, some theater in Minnesota, where Marek Zidlicky has been scratched three times in a row and is malcontent: Unhappy Wild defenseman Marek Zidlicky: 'I can't be quiet' | StarTribune.com and the response: Wild coach Mike Yeo on Marek Zidlicky: "One thing for sure, we’re going to talk" | StarTribune.com
- Speaking of which, David Poile on the trade market: "What I want now versus what I can later are two different things because of the parity you have in the NHL." GMs starting to size market as trade deadline nears - NHL.com
- Playoff Push: For SB Nation's NHL hub, I compiled the rough records each team could need to make the playoffs.
- The Leafs got their turn getting hosed by the refs ... for the Penguins' sake.
- Ray Ferraro's audio during the commercial break wasn't supposed to air, and isn't quite SFW, but mocks Dion Phaneuf.
- Players on players: Malkin, Sens, Blues lead All-Star players' poll - NHL.com - NHL Insider
- Chalk talk: The Whiteboard: what’s your responsibility on a lost d-zone faceoff? | Backhand Shelf | Blogs | theScore.com
Would you check in on what Minnesota might want for a distressed asset in Zidlicky, or does his discontent scare you off and the NTC make you figure this isn't on his list anyway?