A round up of this and that in locked-out New York Islanders and rather swell Bridgeport Sound Tigers Country:
- Tonight (Wednesday) Griffin Reinhart represents the WHL in the Subway [sic] Super Series against a team of Russian juniors. It should air on NHL Network in the U.S. and Sportsnet in Canada. Here are story lines, if you're into those.
- Speaking of prospects, here's the latest roundup at the official site, with more love for the Niagara boys and Adam Pelech, who faces them tonight.
- With the Sound Tigers off to a good start, Travis Hamonic was a guest on Hockey This Morning Tuesday. He again cited the influence of Steve Staios in his transition to becoming an NHL pro. Garth Snow was also on Sirius/XM today, so be on the lookout for that audio.
- Jack Capuano likes the Bridgeport goalies.
- Kevin Schultz at IPB had himself a look-see at the Barclays Center.
- The Islanders' skate-at-the-Coliseum fundraiser for Hurricane Sandy relief was a hit. So they're adding a creative auction to raise more funds, including the chance to watch a game with GM Garth Snow.
Colin McDonald is suspended two games for his hit on Jyri Niemi, which creates an opening for Jason Clark, presumably. Here are lines from today, with McDonald doubling on the fourth line:
- Humor: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Lockout.
- Patrick Marleau and Jeremy Roenick are not fond of one another.
- Not sure if I promoted this before, but this is the rarely told story of how Adam Oates' contract demands broke up the most riveting on-ice duo I've ever seen. Appropriate for a lockout year.
- Sponsor thing: I'm sure you're lady won't mind Samsung making over your living room, no?