But you knew that already.
Frans Nielsen scored two goals (one an empty-netter) in Denmark's 4-1 upset of Finland, which featured an opening blitz by two emerging Danish NHLers:
- BenHasna gives us a report on Frans' game in comments on the last thread (lots of takeaways and faceoffs, a missed shorthanded breakaway -- where was the patented backhand deke?)
- Here's a gamer with Frans quotes from the AFP.
- Here's a slideshow of photos at the Toronto Sun.
- Here's more (and another Frans pic) at the Universal site.
- And my backup Danish crush Peter Regin netted this absolute beauty, complete with mesmerizing play-by-play.
- ...and just because: My favorite Nielsen quote: "Oh, sick. That's what he do." (referring to Tavares)
If lovin' Danes is wrong, I don't wanna be right.