Some Lighthouse Hockey "LHinks" of note while trying out a new SBN gadget ... The top three draft picks keep talking, the Lightning put them through hurdles(?) and Doug Weight sizes up all three, after the jump.
- Oh, was there a game of some import last night? They are happy at PensBurgh. Don't know if I'm happier because I want the Pens to win, or because I wanted a better series than last year -- but I am happy, yessir.
- The Mile High Hockey coverage of the carnage and carnival with the has been fascinating. How often does another club make this Islanders fan say, "Sucks to be them."?
- For what it's worth, the Govna' digs the Lighthouse. [Newsday]
Draft! Draft! Draft! [Three Weeks from Today!]:
- The put them through hurdles! And you thought the combine was over... [St. Petersburg Times] [h/t Raw Charge] didn't just take the top three draft prospects out to dinner -- they
- Greg Logan got some choice quotes from Doug Weight on the three-way draft race. Great stuff. I've a hard time believing it's as obvious a choice as we tend to make it out. Just one shot; just one decade to look back on it.
More great stuff from Logan in the paper on Weight as Tavares' tour guide. Great material like this is in no small thanks to Weight's gift of gab. His awareness of how talking thoughtfully helps communicate the game to fans is appreciated. The impression he left on Tavares is why I wanted Weight re-signed.
- Botta talked to Matt Duchene on his night at the Snow household and what this crazy Spring has been like.
- Classic Oilers blog Lowetide compiles some interesting thoughts on when they drafted Hemsky and on some of the prospects further down this year's 1st-round board. Boy, it's nice to be in the top three.
- Hey look, a mock draft! [Islanders Independent] (Confession: I want more than Son of Ferraro, bless him. Caveat: We never, ever know. Young pups, Dude.)