*Two games is still a streak, right? As always, add more links in comments. Or I may add when I resume consciousness. You never know.
- So last night was fun, right? As hockey fans, that is what we live for -- and this is what FanPosts are for (hint hint) [Pensburgh FanPost, repeat from the game thread]
- Oh, and this is one serious yet hilarious FanPost about trade expectations [Pension Plan Puppets FanPost] (Did I already link to that? I don't remember. I've been ill.)
- Absolutely fascinating glimpse into six GM's version of
ChristmasDeadline Day, including the Hossa, Smyth and Weight deals [espn.com]
- Reaction to the Havelid/Anssi trade: Devils fans, Thrashers fans, Mirtle (who claims to be neutral but we know better). More NHL Trade Deadline reactions.
- Is this legit or is Brian Burke bluffing? I see him eating his Oreo just so. [TSN]
- Those Rangers may enjoy Torts for a moment, buuut... [Jay Feaster/THN]
- Today is Avery day: Hope the Rangers reap what they sow. [Daily News]
Havelid, Tkachuk, Guerin: A bait for every team. [Puck Daddy]
And more Islanders bloggers' fun and frolic over the win and trades [after the jump]:
- Is Yann Danis trying to cost us Tavares? [Forever 1940]
- Bruno Gervais = Dennis Vaske? [Drive for Five]
- Botta says the asking price is too high, so Witt stays. This fits my go-for-broke modest proposal, buuut I doubt for the reasons I had in mind.
- The many faces of Joyous Joensuu [N.Y. Average Ice Girl]
- ...Joensuu has some odd number mates at #58 [Tiger Track]
- More love for Sean Bergenheim and his journey [7th Woman]
- No statement on Guerin = more PR ineptitude? [Islanders Independent]
- Yet no deal doesn't mean the options are gone. [islesblogger]
- Why the numbers will work for the Lighthouse Project [Let There be Light(house)]