More massive playoff-bubble games tonight -- this is when having a direct I.V. of NHL Center Ice into your bloodstream gets really dangerous: Sleep deprivation. Sprained remote thumbs. Mysterious empty bottles in the morning. General paranoia...
Last night, Florida fetched a loser point to tie Montreal for 8th, but ... the other two points were conceded to 5th-place Carolina. Canes fans in Canes Country are tired of the Panthers announcers complaining about officiating. Aren't rivalries great?
Out West, fans in Anaheim (v. Nashville tonight) and St. Louis (v. Los Angeles) are pep-talking themselves into how this playoff chase is still winnable.
Other links to lunch on:
- Forget Gaborik -- the Isles' next opponent (who play the Rangers tonight) will be missing captain Mikko Koivu. [Hockey Wilderness]
Tim Jackman gets love, and Joey Mac is set to return. Time to fight for that next contract, Joey.
Chris Osgood is back in form, right Scott Burnside? Umm, or not. Paging Tim Cheveldae...
- Paul Kariya, who's been out most of the season on the second-most injured club this year, could return if the Blues make the playoffs. [stltoday]
- Speaking of injuries: Brad Richards on his latest break. [Pierre LeBrun]
- B.D. stirs the pot of Lighthouse Project politics. [IslandersIndependent]
- 7th Woman charts important off-season dates.
- If you missed it, the NYT had 30 fairly vanilla seconds with Scott Gordon.
- The Palm Isle went from seeing Ron Duguay to scoring machine Jon Sim and the Tigers.