Overall, another wild day/night as Philly handed Pittsburgh its first March loss (with a chance to take over fourth from the Flyers), Boston reasserted its claim to the East over New Jersey, while Anaheim (t-9th) and Minnesota (t-9th, beating 7th Edmonton) boosted their playoff pushes. Several more big matchups tonight, including Carolina vs. Florida and
Los Angeles vs. St. Louis (duh, LA-STL is Tuesday).
But enough about teams playing games that matter. Some very Islanders-centric links:
- Nick weighs in on the surreal back-and-forth between Kate Murray, Tom Suozzi and the Lighthouse Project. [Let There be Light(house)]
Andy Sutton is close to returning, but the Isles love Jack "next Campoli" Hillen. [Newsday]
- Mirtle adds to his recent injury post. One theory: A (almost impossibly) healthy Islanders team this season finishes around the same old 8th or 9th or 10th. Sound familiar? I'm gonna go with injury curse = blessing this season. ... Mirtle also has year-to-year attendance comparisons for the whole league.
- 7th Woman took in the AHL Bridgeport game ... and some wine.
- Just a few rungs lower, MBE at The Palm Isle took in an EPHL game -- at an old airplane hangar in Brooklyn ... featuring Ron Duguay's return!
- Angie at On the NYIsles Scene weighs in against the Ovechkin goal theatrics.
That reminds me: As I've watched the seasons-long resentment going on involving Crosby, Malkin, or Ovechkin, etc. and their fans, I start to dread where Tavares -- wherever he lands -- could enter that equation. The amount of worry about how much "respect" Ovechkin is getting and how "poster boy" Crosby is makes me think people are missing some really good hockey.