The tools here border on dangerous for the untrained blogger (i.e. me). I was doing maintenance and reposted the Islanders of Yesteryear FanPosts as main thread stories in their own section, so I could add video and more easily archive them. Took them off the front page, but if you saw them in RSS or via Twitter, I apologize for the duplication.
Of course, if you didn't see them first time around ... you're welcome! They're in a new section. As always, you're encouraged to add your own Islanders memories as FanPosts -- which is probably what I was trying to demonstrate when I first posted one.
Anyway, some LHinks to chew before contemplating whether to sympathize with the Habs:
- Something impressive about 20-year-old Kyle Okposo and 19-year-old Josh Bailey: They haven't been healthy scratched yet. Blake Wheeler in Boston has, and he's learned from it. Granted, their teams are polar opposites, but K.O. hasn't let up.
- Peter Pocklington was arrested for fraud (shocked, SHOCKED!), and Mirtle reminds us that the guy who sold Gretzky and the rest of the Oil piecemeal had this coming. Insane stuff (As usual when rich people get caught, it's someone else's fault).
- Heard of Matt Greene? (No, not that Green). Kings worshiper Rudy at Battle of California points out the guy is a mensch. Check out this picture for evidence of menschliness.
- The GM meetings last night honored The Architect, Bill Torrey. Sweet.
- 7th Woman wonders if Joey MacDonald's knee injury was caused by Jason Blake -- who we know runs into every goalie and somehow lives to tell about it.
- If Peter Mannino sees any action, his save pct. is sure to rise ... right? [Forever1940]
Two reposts, for good measure:
- As Islesblogger posted here last night, the injury curse (or is it a Tavares blessing?) continues.
- Newsflash: The Rangers are soul-less forces of evil. Still feel how I felt in November. Gogol would be impressed.