We'll have a game preview and "blogger v. blogger" debate of a few Islanders topics later today. For now, some links to give up for Lent (if, you know, that's your thing):
- If you missed it yesterday, two of the 'Fishsticks' owners were arrested. Non-Isles fans should take a look at what we've dealt with [NY Daily News]
- Do you still care about basketball? (Did you ever?) Five reasons you should just give
itall other sports up and embrace the glory of the ice. [Complex via Puck Daddy]
- The agony of Florida's Bouwmeester decision is palpable. [Litter Box Cats]
- Your rumor of the day: The Blues flat-out say their decision whether to rent Keith Tkachuk depends on the next three games ... oh, and his no-move clause. [Kevin Allen]
- Pronger or Niedermayer? [espn.com]
- The Rangers lost a shootout in Torts' debut (to tonight's opponent), and Torts thinks they're out of shape. Heehee. [TSN / CP] I missed this game, obviously, but I caught Ray Ferraro taking down Sather during the TSN intermission. "The trifecta" of mismanagement: Bad drafts, bad signings, bad coaches.
- Burke, JD and other GMs talk trade deadline strategy and bluff about how tough they're going to be on pricing their distressed assets. [THN / CP]
- James Mirtle is doing a Nashville field trip to see how wrong he was about hockey there. But not before introducing two more SBN Hockey blogs: On the Forecheck (Predators) and Matchsticks and Gasoline (Flames). Welcome to the newbies! They are two good bloggers you should check out.
- NYI Fan Central can't figure the goalie rotation out.
- Islanders Outsider notes yesterday's arrests mark the third time in 15 years former Islanders owners face fraud charges.
- Drive for Five praised Danis after last night's game. 7th Woman mourned the offense.