Ah, the resiliency of the human spirit: You can get used to the injuries, and the losses piling up during this rebuild. But then a blowout at home hits, and you scramble to find a way to fit that into the Fan's Hierarchy of Tolerable Abuses. Just wash it away. Have a Friday. Saturday night with the Devils and Town of Hempstead Night (wear white!) should be electric. Meanwhile:
- Nice Q&A with Mark Streit by swisshockey.net. He likes NY. NY likes Streit. And Redden...?
- Bettman visits Nashville: Assures the team will break even, still ticked about Radulov, writes "Boots" off to the greedy fraudulent spirit
inherent inthat has engulfed society"a variety of places." [Nashville City Paper]
- Is Kari Lehtonen the answer in Philadelphia?(!) [Bird Watchers Anonymous]
- If we need Parise taken out for Saturday, I think the Kostitsyns know a guy.
NYI Fan Central experiences similar regret to what I felt: Just when you talk about not being blown out, a Hurricane hits.
- Lighthouse, forward march! Nick promotes not only the fan-organized "whiteout" for Saturday's ToH Night but also attendance at the Town Hall public meeting Tuesday morning. [Let There be Light(house)] The Careys of Islanders 360 are on board. As are many others, frankly. [Update: Botta spreads the Whiteout word, too.]
- Drive for Five mourns the loss of Park and all our trade deadline chips.
- 7th Woman didn't enjoy the game, but she liked the party.
- Hockey Night on Long Island will be on Sunday this week - not Saturday.
- Lastly, forget Europe, we're going to China, baby! Or bringing China here. Seriously, 30 years from now people will look back and thank Charles Wang for planting the seeds of this sport in China. (Okay, Don Cherry won't.)
As always, email me or post additional links in comments.