Between Joey going down, Yann getting to play NHL goaltender again, and Snow talking to Dubie about a return, it was a strange night. That's not even mentioning Ricky's Quest for Second Opinions. Reactions around the Island [Updated at the end with
two three more -- thanks, Doug. Plus: claim Sanford off waivers, anyone?]:
- Something Islanders and Rangers fans can agree on: Newsday blew it.
- B.D. asks if Wade Dubielewicz will hold Snow's summer comments against him? Or is he just wanting an NHL job -- any NHL job -- having been bought out in Russia. ("This isn't Russia, Danny. Is this Russia?")
- NYI Fan Central summarized the bizarre pre-packaged Jaffe-Snow interview, set in an empty restaurant(?) with carefully placed coffee mugs. Nice that the club realized talking to fans is, you know, a good thing. But why so scripted-ish? Direct honesty builds trust. Jaffe did his best to add life; Garth looked like someone forced him there. (Never!)
- Obviously, MacDonald's injury brings Lottery destiny that much closer.
- Islesblogger was hit from behind by the flu, so he watched from home, where you could catch Mike Dunham disappear from the skybox to go stretch. (Next time, go to the game, spread the bug around the locker room, accelerate the tanking.)
- The View from Section 317: Resignation, little victories, keep Guerin/Weight
- Did someone say Tavares? SportSquee has 10 Things that might be true.
- Straying from Bill Guerin's astrological needs, 7th Woman also noticed Scott Gordon's swell tie. I wondered last night if I could pull that off in my house. (Mrs. Lighthouse's answer: "No. Resoundingly, no." Sigh, Christmas is over.)
- Before Joey Mac's injury, Islanders Outside anticipates the awkward feelings the pending firesale brings.
- New: IslesOfficial mulls the goaltending situation and Gordon's defense for not putting himself in :) Q: Was Dunham's lawyer on speed-dial?
- New: Tiger Track has quotes and a look at the 2,398 different lineups the Islanders have used this season.
- Botta returns from practice with a Blake Comeau Q&A
Got more links? Drop 'em in comments.