Somehow, Islanders fans did not come away impressed with the effort in D.C.:
- NYI Fan Central: "frankly terrible with their skating, passing and decision-making."
- Drive for Five: "The Islanders didn’t put up a fight in front of the net, leaving Joey MacDonald, who played his tail off despite giving up four goals, out to dry."
- B.D. Gallof: "Very few highlights to take away from this one."
View from Section 317: "I just dont get Fritz being here taking 100 seconds a night? It does not serve a purpose." True. Perhaps we just have no one for Fritz to protect?
In a happier place, some other bits around the Island:
- Not Your Average Ice Girl had a field trip to IceWorks, uncovering the mullet contest between the injured Bruno Gervais and Nate Thompson. I miss college.
- Islanders Outsider says don't even think about a goalie controversy.
- 7th Woman -- who can seemingly charm anyone -- got a sit-down with Bettman last week. His responses: Tekmology yay; bloggers yay; ice conditions boo; Lighthouse Project yay.