A few fun links about some of those "other" teams in this league ...
- There are many reasons to love Habs blog Eyes on the Prize. Here is one of them: the story of John Aiken on the 1958 night when he was pulled from the stands to replace Jacques Plante (no pressure) at Boston Garden.
- You don't have to, but I love Bryce Salvador, even though he's now a Devil. His reaction to a shot to the face last night is one more reason why.
- Marian Gaborik, subject of a few asinine Islander trade rumors, is inching toward returning to the Wild lineup. Not all fans are wild thrilled about it.
- If you haven't heard, classy Joe Sakic now has much more than a back injury to worry about. Snowblower 3, Sakic 0. That's a shame. Hope he makes another go at it (playing, not snow blowing) next year.
- Idle fun: Can you name all 30 teams in three minutes? (h/t Litter Box Cats)
- On the other side of this fair continent, the Sharks are, like, good and stuff. How do they measure up so far against the last two Cup winners?