I'd like to keep a simple log of where we are as [LHH] Islander fans. I will probably do similar posts a week before opening night, after game 41 and after game 70 to take the temperature, so to speak.
Format your posts like this:
Subject: Number from 1 to 10 (whole numbers please) to reflect Expectations Chart (below)
Text: A simple summary as to why you rate the team at whatever level.
I will keep a spreadsheet of all numeric responses and use them in the follow-up posts.
1. Buffalo will be getting the #1 or #2 overall pick next year.
2. Top 5 pick for the Sabres, plus whatever they earn on their own.
3. Isles finish out of the playoffs, and that was forecast before 2015 even started.
4. Isles go into 2015 battling for a playoff spot, but don't have the depth to get over the hump.
5. Important games until the last day, but don't make it.
6. Away team playoff birth against #1 seed. No expectations of winning a playoff series.
7. Bottom of theEastern Playoff Bracket. Decent matchup gives them good chance to win a playoff series.
8. Home team, top of Eastern Playoff Bracket. Favorite to win at least one playoff series.
9. First or second in the Eastern Playoff Bracket. CUP CONTENDER.
10. CUP FAVORITE!