Whether you're still ragin', totally elated or somewhere in the vast, vast expanse in-between, there's a lot of NHL news to chew on since yesterday. Here's a tiny sample.
- Arthur Staple with the official New$day write-up, focusing on Chad Johnson and the ones that got away from Garth Snow.
- Brett Crygalis also talks about the guys who are still not Islanders. [NY Post]
- Staple capped a busy day by guesting on the NY Isles blog podcast, too.
- Snow talks to Michael Fornabaio at the Connecticut Post about the new players slated to play for Bridgeport next season.
- Fornabaio has more quotes from higher-ups on the signings.
- Dee Karl says the losing is keeping free agents away like Raid to roaches.
- It's from May, but here's a National Post profile on new Islander T.J. Brennan, who is... say it with e... just looking for a chance to play.
- Hi. I'm Chad Johnson. [Days of Y'Orr]
- Dasvidanya, comrade. Evgeni Nabokov joins the Tampa Bay Lightning. [Tampa Bay Times]
- Spectacular Stan Fischler says goodbye to his goalie foil Effervescent Evgeni Nabokov and runs down free agent day using Stan Lee-style alliterative adjectives.
- Excellent Eric Hornick (sorry, I'll stop now) does double duty on his Skinny, talking about the new guys and wrapping up Nabokov's surprisingly eventful Islanders career.
Scratching the surface
- There are a million winners and losers lists from yesterday, but I think we can all agree that Dallas Stars GM Jim Nill put in some hard work and made his club a very dangerous one in the Western Conference. [SB Nation]
- We can also all agree that Calgary signing Deryk Engelland for three years and almost $9 million was absolutely banana pants crazy. [Puck Daddy]
- Jason Spezza wanted out of Ottawa to win, not escape the Canadian media. Yeah, right. [TSN.ca]
- The Oilers did a smart thing. No, really. They signed Benoit Pouliot. [Copper and Blue]
- Josh Gorges didn't want to play in Toronto and got traded to Buffalo, which is like Toronto except it isn't at all.
- Legendary Sabres play-by-play man Rick Jeanneret was diagnosed with throat cancer, but plans to call games this season. Godspeed and a quick recovery to one of the most enjoyable voices in the business. [Buffalo News]
Hi. I'm Chad Johnson.
- Free Agency: New York Islanders Sprinkle Depth with Cory Conacher, Jack Skille, Kael Mouillierat
- NHL Free Agency: Vanek to Minnesota, Boyle to Rangers, Ehrhoff to Penguins, Moulson back to Sabres
- New York Islanders Sign T.J. Brennan, Offensive Defenseman, to 1-Way, 1-Year Deal
- New York Islanders Sign Goalie Chad Johnson as Backup
- NHL Free Agency 2014: New York Islanders Coverage and Other Things of Note