How 'bout dem kids, huh? Good? They looked great! Superstars, I tell ya. Amazing talent! Except that one guy. He's a bum. I don't know who let him in.
- Arthur Staple recaps the Blue/White Scrimmage and the fleeting excitement for most of the kids. Until next time, guys. [New$day]
- And the official site makes it sound like a real game and everything.
- Dom talked about the upcoming overtime rules changes for the AHL and what they might mean for Big Brother in the future.
- No offense to the AHL, but Griffin Reinhart wants to skip it and go right to the NHL this season. [Point Blank]
- Isles Talk looks at a less discussed prospect, goalie Stephon Williams.
- The Sound Tigers won some business awards from the AHL. Like "Most improved Sales Revenue Growth" and "Best Sound Design"
- Bryan Berard is fighting with his old insurance company over a policy dating back to his eye injury in 2000. [NY Post]
- Ghosts of Islanders Past: Micheal Haley is now a San Jose Shark.
- Ghosts of Islanders and Sharks Past: Evgeni Nabokov knows he could be third-string by January, says Lightning GM Steve Yzerman. [Raw Charge]
- The Ryan O'Reilly-Colorado Avalanche blood feud continues and will go to arbitration. [Denver Post]
- The Secrets of Hockey Agents. [NHL Numbers]
- Dale Hawerchuk liked Winnipeg. Why doesn't Evander Kane? What, you think you're better than Dale Hawerchuk? [Winnipeg Sun]
- A pair from Tyler Dellow: Offense is much more than just points | Jonathan Toews' contract extension is a good one for Chicago.
- A forgotten pick, still plugging along: Former Devils 28th overall pick Adrian Foster never quite took the NHL by storm. [Calgary Herald]
- What kind of two-bit, knucklehead, joke of an organization would make a promise to sign a 34 year-old plug to a lucrative contract extension just because he didn't sign an even more lucrative offer sheet with a different team two years ago? Oh, it's the Red Wings. And the player is Dan Cleary? Never mind.
- What kind of two-bit, knucklehead... meh, forget it. The Blues re-signed bad Steve Ott for two more years and lost good Vladimir Sobotka to the KHL over just a few bucks. [St. Louis Today]
- The late Peter Zezel will have a street named after him in Toronto. [Sportsnet]
- Another misguided mascot is put out to pasture. RIP BrooklyKnight. Guess we won't be seeing you around, Barclays. [Deadspin]
Even less revealing than prospect scrimmages are prospect post-scrimmage interviews. They're here if you want them. Instead, here's some music.
- Nascent York Islanders vs. Nascent York Islanders [Blue/White Scrimmage Game Thread]
- AHL Overtime Rule Changes: Foretelling doom, or delight?
- Islanders News: Frans doesn't exist, and other curious fiction
- Retro Game Thread: Islanders Vs Penguins Game 5 1982
- [Bits] Thunder Struck, A Peek Through Defense, Stay Kulemin, Yet Another Kane Mutiny