Not a lot of "news" to be had, but some nice reading nonetheless.
- Our Top 25 Under 25 continues with those whose orbit is still far from the sun. #22 is Aaron Ness | #21 is Victor Crus Rydberg | No 20 is John Persson.
- Have you been asked "Aren't you rooting for New York?" by a spook, specter or ghost. If so, we're ready to believe you.
- Bleuchz's Hashtag Isles fan posts are back and always fun.
- Does a trade between the Oilers and Islanders make sense? The Oilers Rig covets thy neighbors centers.
- BD Gallof takes the temperature of Islanders Country as the team sale inches excruciatingly closer. Maybe.
- A hockey media roundtable with SI media rounder Richard Deitsch. Features John "sickdanglemittsauceflow" Buccigross and Uncle Bob McKenzie, who tells a flattering anecdote about John Tavares and John Tavares.
- Arthur Staple on the Rangers' "gut punch" loss in Game 2. [New$day]
- Bill Plaschke brings his unique brand of purple single sentence hyperbole to the Kings elevating comebacks to an "art form." Sure, Bill. [LA Times]
- Glen Sather is now the guy behind the guys. [Toronto Star]
- Elliotte Friedman says it's time for video replay in the NHL. Also, from Saturday, is his 30 thoughts with some Islanders-related tidbits about Dan Boyle and a possible Reinhart Reunion. (h/t to Turgeon77)
- While playing in Switzerland in 2000, former NHLer (and short time Islander) Kevin Miller hit an opposing player from behind and the injury ended the man's career. A judge has ordered Miller to pay $1.6 million to the player's insurance company. [CBC.ca]
- Attention teams with shaky playoff goalies: next time, just bribe them to go away with a few bucks and get someone else in net. Hey, it worked in 1940. [Stan Fischler in The Hockey News]
Forty-two years ago yesterday, the Islanders completed their first ever NHL entry draft. Billy Harris was the team's first draft pick, Lorne Henning was picked in the second round and the man who would go on to be known as "Mister Islander" was taken in the third.