- So that was unexpected. San Jose's Dan Boyle (or, at least, his contract) is now Islanders property in another Garth Snow preemptive strike. LHH thread for believers and skeptics | Islanders Point Blank speaks with the "excited" Boyle's agent | New$day with details | Fear the Fin says their tearful goodbyes | The always sage Lowetide lauds Snow.
- The Boyle trade pushed this to a late-night entry: Kirill Petrov's (last?) appearance on the Top 25 Under 25 [LHH]
- Meanwhile, Capitol District Islander ponders the Ryan Callahan question.
- Video: What's the deal with NHL players warming up with soccer games? [Islanders]
- In case you missed it from Arthur Staple:
Snow said trade not a sign of concern over Visnovsky. "If we sign Boyle, they'll both be on the No. 1 PP. We think that's a plus." #Isles— Arthur Staple (@StapeNewsday) June 5, 2014
Off Day Stuff
- Stanley Cup Final: Jonathan Quick needs to get his act together... quick. [Sportsnet] | Being fast isn't enough for the Rangers. [Sporting News] | Game 2 is tomorrow night.
- Quick's Kings may be for sale for a ton of dough. [Forbes]
- Kommissar Bettman says NHL teams are worth more than those diamond studded Clippers. [Sportsnet]
- Don Cherry, as usual, had some harsh words for the "Euro loving" Ottawa Senators. The Senators had some words for Grapes right back. [Ottawa Sun]
- The Panthers have interviewed old pro Ron Wilson for their head coaching position. [Sportsnet]
- And the Hurricanes are kicking le tires on Jacques Martin. [The Score]
- Marek Zidlicky is back with the Devils for one year and about $3 million bucks plus bonuses. [ILWT]
- Kevin Allen and Pat Foley are honored by the PHWA.
- Puck Daddy ranks the Simpsons NHL logos that are making the rounds. I know it's not current, but I love the Islanders one. "Arr. I've got some customers. Call me back, Ishmael."
- Oh boy. Boisterous Brian Burke wants a new arena in Calgary. This is not going to end well. [Global News]
- Are you sick of hearing about 1994? Everyone is. How about 1933? Greatest Hockey Legends has some fascinating video from the Maple Leafs-Rangers Cup finals that year. Really cool.
It's come to our attention that the LHH Facebook page is nearing 1000 likes.
Really? Not even 1000 yet? Get on that. If that's your thing.
- Dan Boyle Acquired by New York Islanders in Conditional Trade of 4th-Round Pick
- Islanders News: Charles Wang weighs sale options, and mascot candidates
- New York Islanders Top 25 Under 25: At #24, Kirill Kabanov's journey...or descent?
- NHL News: Streit's 1st Philly Season; Turgeon's Kid; Cup Finals Teed Up
- New York Islanders Top 25 Under 25: Mike Halmo vies to grind, beat the odds