- Matt Martin is pumped for next season because of... the Rangers? OK, I'll let it slide, mainly because Martin is much larger and stronger than I am. [NHL.com]
- The never-ceasing North Dakota Red Eagle compares Josh Ho-Sang's numbers to those of the rest of his draft class.
- Anatoliy Metter at The Hockey Writers grades the Islanders' draft.
- Late trade madness! The Oilers sent Sam Gagner, aka Edmonton Josh Bailey, to Tampa Bay for utility forward Teddy Purcell. About two hours later, the Lightning traded Gagner and B.J. Crombeen to the Coyotes for... are you sitting down? ... a sixth round pick. That's it. Finally, the Lightning completed a busy evening by dumping Nate Thompson on Anaheim for fourth- and seventh-round picks in 2015. All told they cleared around $5 million in cap space for a TBD UFA. The Hockey News has the broad strokes of the wild Sunday.
- Like a Patchouli-scented Made-in-China knickknack store in a mall, the Sabres called up an employee on Sunday and told him not to come to work anymore. They'll be buying out Christian Ehrhoff, their best defenseman and possibly their best player, making him a game-changing entry into the unrestricted free agent pool. Jack Goods of Die By the Blade says the move makes him question his faith in GM Tim Murray for the first time since he took the team over.
- The Panthers announced their own buyout, sending de-facto-lifetime Panther and captain Ed Jovanovski packing. [Litter Box Cats]
- Breaking: good goalie who was treated like trash by his team wants a new team. [Sportsnet]
- If the Leafs do end up keeping James Reimer, he's one of a few restricted free agents around the league that have some tricky next deals to discuss. [NHL.com]
- The NHL's $69 million salary cap for next season could force some wacky trades. [Sportsnet]
- James Neal was a bad teammate, says writer moments after James Neal is shipped out of town. Awesome. [Post-Gazette]
- For Oilers fans, a new season brings only a new batch of terrifying fears and nightmares. And this was before the Gagner trade. [Copper and Blue]
- Awkward Draft Photos, 2014 Edition. [Puck Daddy]
Cool, quick behind the scenes look at the whirlwind a kid goes through moments after being drafted by an NHL team, starring new Islander Michael Dal Colle. Look at his face when he gets a call from Kyle Okposo. Priceless.
- [Sunday Bits] Calm before the next storm, Songs of Ho-Sang, New Goalies for the Mill
- Isles 2014 Draft Round-Up: Crazy Babies, Shot(s) in the Dark and I Don't Know
- Islanders 2014 NHL Draft: Isles Finish Up Draft By Selecting C's Schempp, Sutter
- Islanders 2014 NHL Draft: Islanders Select G Soderstrom, D Toews in 4th Round
- Islanders 2014 NHL Draft: Islanders Trade 65th Pick, Select G Ilya Sorokin with 78th Pick