One list to rule them all
- In Sports Business Daily, Chris Botta reported that Andrew Barroway has "his people" ready should he complete his proposed purchase of the Islanders. Too bad for them that Charles Wang is still thinking it over. [LHH]
- The latest in our Top 25 Under 25 is "Mr Big Shot," Ryan Pulock making his pro debut at No. 9.
- Brad Richards, 2011's "perfect addition" to the Rangers' Stanley Cup puzzle, has agreed to a buyout and is moving on. New York will be paying Richards until 2026.
- The Oilers are getting some negotiating time with pending Blue Jackets UFA defenseman Nikita Nikitin which is a thing GMs can do apparently. [Puck Daddy]
- Coach Madness! In Florida, Canadiens assistant Gerard Gallant seems like the choice of the Panthers. [Sun-Sentinel]
- Meanwhile, the Canucks seem set to name Willie Desjardins, who just led the Texas to a Calder Cup championship, as their new head coach. [Pass it to Bulis]
- The thing is, Desjardins was also offered the Penguins coaching position and turned it down for Vancouver. [Yahoo]. So where does that leave the Penguins? Up a creek without an ice floe. [Pittsburgh Trib]
- Brian Burke returned to Toronto and did what he does best: say crazy things about the media. [Toronto Sun]
- So if the Sharks are dumb enough to trade Joe Thornton, how will he actually perform for the rest of his contract? [Hockey-Graphs]
- Going to next Friday's draft in Philly? Chill with Greg Wyshynski, Jeff Marek and the Broad Street Hockey gang at a party. You're invited.
- This week's required reading was "I was Tony Gwynn's Bat Boy" at Deadspin. A great look at the generosity and the enduring community legend of "Mr. Padre."
Part II of the Islanders 2012 draft review with Eric Cairns (or "The Defensemen Strike Back").
- Islanders Sale Update: Barroway Amasses Troops, but Wang is holding fire
- New York Islanders Top 25 Under 25: Ryan Pulock enters pros at #9
- [Bits] Are you troubled by strange noises in the middle of the night? It might be Alexei Yashin
- [Bits] Boyle Over, Tootoo Parlor, Awards Show All Stars
- New York Islanders Top 25 Under 25: Josh Bailey at #10 ('Can we call Canadians 'enigmatic?'')