Welcome to the 2014 NHL off season. Please keep your hands and feet inside the car at all times.
Your daily Dan Boyle: The Decision update:
- Dom was on the clock in the SB Nation NHL mock draft and went with Michael Dal Colle on behalf of the Islanders.
- The latest entry in our
Top 25 Under 25Who Should They Trade for Evander Kane? countdown is defenseman Adam Pelech.
- Jesse Graham talks about signing with the Islanders. [Welland Tribune]
- Fanposts: Kevin Corey asks if the Islanders should throw everyone a curveball at the draft. | And Bleuchz has the week in player Tweets. Matt Carkner is funny.
- Mile High Hockey praises, in a way, Garth Snow's patented move, trading for a UFA's negotiating rights.
Stanley Cup Final Final
- Our Lighthouse national nightmare is over: Alec Martinez's goal in the second overtime lifted the Kings over the Rangers in Game 5 of the Stanley Cup final and to Los Angeles' second Cup in three years. Justin Williams is your Conn Smythe Trophy winner because he owns the playoffs. Henrik Lundqvist tried his damnedest, but... oh, that's a shame.
- Congrats to the good folks at Jewels From the Crown on a great season. Stop by and say hello. [FRIENDLY NON-PARENTAL ADVICE: if you plan on gawking over at Blueshirt Banter, please remember to represent the Islanders, LHH and most importantly yourself, as best you can. In other words, don't be a dick.]
- How Alain Vigneault helped Anton Stralman become the guy everybody wants their team to sign this season. [NHL.com]
- Kimmo Timmonen, the rare likable Flyer, returns to Philly for another year. [Broad Street Hockey]
- Wait. The Red Wings should trade FOR Ville Leino? Winging it in Motown crunches the method behind the madness.
- Hirings! Goalie coach Mitch Korn moves from Nashville to Washington, and Olie Kolzig gets reassigned. [Russian Machine] | Former Hockey Canada boss Bob Nicholson takes a fancy job with the Oilers. [Globe n' Mail]
- The Sabres want to host the NHL Draft combine. [Sportsnet]
- Garnet "Ace" Bailey, a Kings scout who was killed in the September 11th attacks, was a member of the WHA's Edmonton Oilers and Third String Goalie pays tribute to him on his birthday.
- New York Islanders Top 25 Under 25: Adam Pelech, #15
- NHL Mock Draft 2014: New York Islanders select Michael Dal Colle with #5 pick
- [Bits] Yeah, well, this one's the Cadillac of minivans.
- New York Islanders Top 25 Under 25: Kevin Czuczman, pronounced "college free agent"
- NHL News: Darryl Sutter faces; Jason Spezza wants a trade