Good morning. Have you misplaced your anger or insulted someone on the Internet today?
To the links!
On Griffin Reinhart, as his Oil Kings trail 2-1 in their WHL final against Portland:
"He’s been a presence on our back end since he got here and it’s been great to see who he’s become" both on and off the ice, said Hamilton. "When the pressure’s on you don’t shy away from it, you embrace it. And that’s always been a strength of his.
"Just (to see) that evolution of his game. He’s that much bigger and stronger and better."
"He is the central figure on our back end," said Oil Kings associate coach, Steve Hamilton. "I just have complete confidence in him as a player in every situation.
"I just know he’s always up to the task. So, we’re able to match and get the advantage whenever he’s on the ice."
- If you missed this one yesterday, TSN's Scott Cullen gives the Islanders his Off-Season Game Plan treatment.
- The Islanders Insight gang on playoffs and when not rooting for your favorite team is okay. [Islanders Insight]
- Playoffs last night: Montreal took a 3-0 lead and almost pulled another Liverpool, but hung on for the 3-2 win. Boston paid for its mistakes. ... Entering the third period tied at 0-0, the Hawks lost 4-0 in Minnesota, their ninth consecutive series losing the first road game. ... The Pens feel they have the Rangers where they want them. (Receiving free breakaways?) Game 4 is the only game in the NHL tonight.
- Nashville: The Predators identified their new coach, as American David Poile picks American Peter Laviolette. A collection of reactions at On The Forecheck.
- On the Kirk Muller firing, and the retention of Rod Brind'Amour: Lots of people think Kevin Dineen will be the next coach. The Canes recap Ron Francis' press conference and what led to his decision. Announcer Tripp Tracy joined Jeff Marek and Greg Wyshynski on the MvsW podcast.
- Sharks look like they will keep Todd McLellan. [Friedman's 30 Thoughts]
- You can stop your "hey maybe sign Kimmo Timonen!" talk. [Broad Street Hockey]
- Officially now: AHL approves the move of the Abbottsford Heat to Glen Falls, NY. [Flames Nation]
- The Flyers won't let Claude Giroux play for Canada at the IIHF WC. Why, what kind of organization prevents its players from... [Broad Street Hockey]
- Justin Bourne on new views in hockey mean the dump and chase will eventually die. [Score]
- What do you do when your country's favorite league took away your TV rights? Create new channels and stuff. [Globe and Mail on TSN]
- All you young kids watching out there, I want everyone to watch this right here, from good parents in Lethbridge... It's the NBC broadcast name-drop/event table! Also known as, "why that broadcast makes me miserable and it should be destroyed."
- 5 Famous Movies that were Insane Parties Behind the Scenes: Slap Shot, of course. [Cracked]
Finally, also from 30 Thoughts (linked above), a sentiment about the summer to come:
The way things are shaping up, Nill and several of his peers believe there will be some good forwards available; also defenders known more for their offensive skillset. A defensive stud? Good luck. The market seems scarce.
Pick your names now...