- Is there a case to bring back Evgeni Nabokov as a back-up goalie? [The Hockey Writers]
- Yesterday was the 30th anniversary of the dynasty Islanders setting a record that (most likely) will never be bested: 19 straight playoff series wins. [Islanders Point Blank]
- NEW! TSN's Scott Cullen turns his attention to the Islanders in his Off-Season Game Plan series. Cullen's analysis is always fair and backed up with numbers, and is about as complete a summary as you can read about a team in a couple of minutes.
- The Rangers left their offense in Philadelphia. They're down 2-1 to the Penguins after a second straight shutout loss last night.
- The Kings took a 2-0 lead in their series with the Ducks with a 3-1 win last night. But at least Corey Perry got Jeff Carter real good by spraying water into his glove. High five...
- Marian Hossa might be the most underappreciated two-time Stanley Cup champion and complete player of all time. [SB Nation]
- New Hurricanes GM Ron Francis wasted no time firing their entire coaching staff, including head coach Kirk Muller. Heh. [Canes Country]
- Know your despicable NHL owners. [Buffalo News]
- NHL analytics as contrasted between the Blackhawks and Maple Leafs. [Fancy Stats]
- Thomas Vanek: rich man about to get even richer. [Sportsnet]
- Joe Thornton: great player who isn't great enough in the springtime. [Down Goes Brown at Grantland]
- If you've ever wanted to see a cartoon about hockey-playing dinosaurs on Adult Swim, this is probably about as close as you'll get. [Puck Daddy]
- NHL 15 is available for pre-order (Xbox 360/Xbox One/PS3/PS4). The big news is that, after using the same Gary Thorne and Bill Clement soundbites for 15 years, EA has finally replaced them with new audio from Doc Emrick, Ed Olczyk and Ray Ferraro. Hold the right trigger and press Y to "waffleboard" the puck. Press both triggers together to "spirit it along."
- [Bits] Snow speaks; Kvasha encounter; Life at Barclays; Stockton down
- Garth Snow on Jaroslav Halak, Sebastian Collberg, Scott Mayfield, 'no restrictions' budget
- Anaheim Ducks vs. Los Angeles Kings [Poll + Playoff Thread]
- Islanders News: Jaroslav Halak, Scott Pellerin, Brent Thompson
- Stanley Cup Poll: Penguins vs. Rangers [Friday Playoff Thread]