The playoffs continued their delightful madness last night. Today you have Montreal-Boston Game 2 at mid-day, then the first game of the SoCal series tonight.
- The Islanders let Scott Pellerin go and replaced him in Bridgeport with Brent Thompson, particularly for his development of young defense. [Fornabaio | Soundin' Off | LHH]
- Jaroslav Halak: Can they keep him? [IPB] Is he the answer? [Post] What will he cost? [LHH]
Playoffs and stuff
- The Smurfs won in overtime in Pittsburgh. Poor Arthur Staple has to cover it, but he has a nice piece on the Rangers' approach to Crosby and the gang. [Newsday]
- They scored twice in OT, Campoli-style. Fancy stats here. You can still leave your picks for that series in our LHH poll here.
- With the game tied 2-2 in the third, Minnesota lost 5-2 (one ENG), and Mike Yeo was disappointed. [Star-Tribune] Here are the fancy stats.
- The Hawks use their own advanced stats, but they're not gonna talk about it. Or goaltending. [Sun Times | Deadspin]
- On P.K. Subban under pressure, and racism. [Culture of Hockey]
- Some great stuff in post-mortem of George McPhee. [Dump n Chase] Excerpted from that: He warned Leonsis against acquiring Jagr back in the day, as Jagr was in a bad place. "The good news is we didn't give them anything." Boom. [Post]