Hope you're not Pokka'd out after yesterday.
- The big news was the signing of young Finnish defender Ville Pokka to an ELC. We hashed it out here and there was much exhaling. LHH Finland correspondent Antti from Helsinki reports that Pokka plans on attending camp on Long Island in July. Thanks, Antti!
- Draft fun: This mock draft by N. Ireland Nets Fan has the Islanders taking an NHL legacy with their fifth overall pick. Meanwhile, our own Chris McNally takes a look at the pretty fruitful 2009 draft.
- The brave boys at Point Blank answer e-mail questions, including one from some ruffian using the alias "Keith Quinn."
- Ak Bars of the KHL makes the Anders Nilsson signing official. I guess it's not a trap after all.
- Michal Handzus scores for Chicago in double OT to send the series back to Los Angeles for Game 6. Nothing I can write here could possibly sum up that game and its totally bananas first overtime. If you missed it, I'm truly sorry.
- Game 6 between the Rangers and Canadiens is tonight at MSG, and the Rangers will be without defenseman John Moore, who was suspended two games for elbowing Dale Weise.
- Will Barry Trotz and Alexander Ovechkin be compatible with one another in Washington? [Deadspin]
- Eighties crooner Corey "Sunglasses at Night" Hart will postpone his farewell birthday show at Bell Centre to make room for a possible Game 7 of the Eastern Conference finals. [Puck Daddy]
- Also from Puck Daddy is a gallery of Evgeni Malkin looking uncomfortable meeting world leaders. Just trust me.
- Forbes ranks the "Most Loyal Fans in Hockey" using a methodology only a banker could love. But look at that: losing teams have the least loyal fans and winning ones have the most die hard bros around. Because surely no human being would possibly pay more attention and spend more money on a team that sends its fans home happy more often than not. Isn't that shocking? Next week a Forbes study shows that winning teams get more TV viewers than losing ones. We have math!
- Heights and weights of position players across the sports. Point guards, goalies, same thing. [Regressing]
Naturally, our Pokka Post veered off into a discussion about the late, great John Candy. The volume is low on this, but who cares.
- Pokka the Bear: Islanders sign Finnish defenseman to ELC
- Back to the Future: The New York Islanders 2009 Entry Draft, 5 Years Later
- Islanders News: Frans Fantasy and Lego Tavares
- [Bits] At that close range, we won't last long against those Star Destroyers!
- [Bits] Memorial Day & Memorial Cup; Larry loves Jaro; Stanley Cup memories